- Apply links menu
- Adult learning course list
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Carer's assessment
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
1. Find your preferred site
View the Location of Allotments to find allotments near to where you live and to get more information about sites and availability.
- You can apply by completing and submitting an online form (click on the plot to access the online application)
- If you are eligible for any concession or would rather not apply online, please download, print and complete the application form and send to the Allotments team
Confidentiality - Please note that your details are not given out to marketing companies or other organisations.
Listed below are the rental charges for the next 3 years:
|Plot rent 2013/14||Plot rent 2014/15||Plot rent 2015/16|
Income based discounts and concessions
Discounts and concessions are available. Please call the office on 0117 922 3737 to confirm if you are in receipt of a qualifying benefit. Applicants need to apply every year.
- Invoices will be sent out at the end of September each year.
- If you are applying for a discount, the completed form must be submitted before the invoice date, as late submissions will not be permitted.
- Tenants who do not pay within the statutory 40 days from invoicing will receive a Notice to Quit their plot.
- Rents are based on the size of the individual plot.
- The income based discounts will have to be re-applied for each year, and will have to be supported by documentary evidence.
- Plotholders will have to apply during the Discount Applications Window of June- mid September to qualify.
- The maximum amount that you can claim for income based discounts is 50%, on a maximum of 3 plots.
Site and tenancy based discounts and concessions
|Discount Type||Discount percentage|
|Site Representative (plot letting)||100%|
|25 Year Tenancy||50%|
|Lack of Water on Site||25%|
|New Tenants (First 2 years overgrown plots only)||50%|
|50 Year Tenancy||100%|
- If you think that your new plot qualifies you for an overgrown plot discount please let us know when you sign up for it.
- The granting of the overgrown plot discount is at the discretion of the Allotments Officer or Site Representative and we cannot grant discounts retrospectively once you have cleared and planted a plot.
- Long tenancy discounts only apply for plots on which the long tenancy is held, although you can claim a long tenancy if you can show evidence that you have transferred from a previous plot in Bristol.
If you have received a bill for your allotment rent from the Allotments Team you can pay online. Go to online payments - pay online - Bristol City Council invoices. You will need the invoice number and other information from your bill to hand.
The allotment agreement is between you, the tenant, and Bristol City Council. It is a legally binding document and you should read it carefully.
When you sign your agreement, you are agreeing to:
- take on a yearly tenancy to look after your plot and allotment site.
- abide by the terms and conditions in the agreement. Failure to do so may cause you to be evicted and your plot re-let to another tenant.
There are several appendices that go with this document, if you require any of them, please email email@example.com stating which of the documents you require.