- Apply links menu
- Adult learning courses and evening classes
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Carer's assessment
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Emergency payment/household goods
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
After a competitive procurement process during Autumn 2012, the contract for provision of Local HealthWatch from April 2013 to March 2016 was awarded to The Care Forum.
This contract also included provision of services for NHS and Social Care Complaints Advocacy. This has been sub contracted by The Care Forum to SEAP (Support Empower Advocate and Promote)
HealthWatch England has a duty contained in the Health and Social Care Act 2012 to provide advice to NHS England, English Local Authorities, Monitor and the Secretary of State.
It is a committee of the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and has the power to recommend that action is taken by the CQC where it has concerns about health and social care services.
HealthWatch also works at the local level through local HealthWatch organisations which have taken over the role of Local Involvement Networks (LINKs) – set up in 2008 to involve local people in decisions about how local services are run.
Local HealthWatch organisations will:
- represent the views of people who use services, carers and the public on the Health and Wellbeing Board
- provide a complaints advocacy service from 2013 to support people who make a complaint about services
- report concerns about the quality of health care to HealthWatch England, which can then recommend that the CQC take action.
During a public event held in 2012, attendees were given a chance to ask question about HealthWatch, how it would work and what services it would be providing.
We have sorted the questions into topics and themes:
- About Healthwatch (pdf, 16 KB)(opens new window)
- Transition (pdf, 17 KB)(opens new window)
- Commissioning and Procurement (pdf, 18 KB)(opens new window)
- The Health and Wellbeing Board (pdf, 5 KB)(opens new window)
- Advocacy (pdf, 5 KB)(opens new window)
- Information and Signposting (pdf, 5 KB)(opens new window)