- Apply links menu
- Adult learning course list
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Carer's assessment
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
If you are a young person in care - this page is for you.
How are you doing at school - are things going well, or not so well?
Would you like to talk to someone about your education?
The Education of Children Looked After Service (ECLAS) has been specially set up to help you do the very best you can in education..
We have teachers who link directly with schools in and outside of Bristol .
For Early Years and primary aged children, you can contact Mina Patel. Mina is our Early Years and Primary Team Leader.
Education of Children Looked After Service
1b Amercombe Walk
Tel: 0117 37 73056
Fax: 0117 37 73061
If you are at secondary school, please contact Sue Cox.
The ECLAS Team
- Sue is the head of the service.
- Mina is the team leader for Early Years and primary pupils.
- Jude works with young children in nursery and early years settings.
- Mike G, Ruth, Maggie and Mike T are our teachers who might work with you in school or at home.
- Craig is our Learning Mentor who works with young people in Years 7 to 9 of secondary school.
- Angela is our Learning Mentor for Years 10 and 11.
- Jackie and Chloe do all our admin.
- Bev is our Project Officer.
As well as getting in touch with us about your education, we want to hear from you if you have had support from any of the ECLAS team. Please let us know what you think of the help you have had from ECLAS.
For children and young people looked after by Bristol City Council
There is a great website just for children and young people looked after by Bristol City Council called R Voice. You will find all sorts of information on there, including a whole load about your education, and a blog by Pippa John, head teacher of The HOPE (Bristol’s virtual school for children in care). So please visit the R Voice website.
The R Voice site also has the findings from our latest online survey of The HOPE pupils. You told us lots of really interesting and important things.
The Bristol Pledge to children in care and care leavers
Bristol City Council has a Pledge for children in care and care leavers. The Pledge is a promise made by Bristol City Council and the Children and Young People's Partnership to all Bristol children in care and care leavers.
You can see what the Pledge says by following the link in related documents.
Sue Cox Education of Children Looked After Service, 1b Amercombe Walk Stockwood Bristol, BS14 8AN
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work: 0117 37 73056
- Fax: 0117 37 73061