- Apply links menu
- Adult learning course list
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Carer's assessment
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Emergency payment/household goods
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
Book bulky item collection or call 0117 922 2100.
We will collect up to three bulky items at a charge of £15. All additional items will be charged at the same rate.
- Up to three items £15.
- Four to six items £30.
If you receive certain benefits you are entitled to one free bulky waste collection of up to three items every six months.
- Items must be clearly visible and accessible from the road.
- Items should be at the front of the property by 7am. Collection will be made between the hours of 7am and 5pm.
- Glass surfaces need to have an X taped across them and any disassembled items need to have their pieces bundled together.
- Items such as fabric sofas and mattresses should be protected in case of rain.
- We will only collect items that can be safely carried by two people
- Our crews will not carry items up or down steps
Please note that we will only collect the items stated on your booking.
Paying for your collection
You can pay for your bulky waste collection by:
- Using our online payment form
- Calling our Customer Service Centre and paying with either a credit or debit card, or by sending us a cheque.
- Once you have booked your Bulky Waste Collection by calling our Customer Service Centre and have a reference number you can pay by cash, cheque or card at one of our Customer Service Points.
Please note: This service is for household waste only. We do not accept bookings from businesses (including landlords) or organisations.
Cancelling or changing your collection
To cancel or change your booking please call us. Cancellations and changes need to be made by 2.30pm the day before your collection.
If your items have not been collected please call us to report it as missed and we will book you in for the next available collection or arrange for a refund.
Please note the following:
- Please wait until after 5pm before reporting a missed collection.
- Were the items clearly visible and accessible from the road by 7am on your collection day?
- Did you change any of the items without letting us know? Our staff will only collect items if they have been specified in the booking. If you wish to change any items on your booking, please callus, giving at least two working days notice.
What we collect
We will collect the following bulky items on this collection service:
- Fridges and freezers
- Washing machines
- Electrical items (including TVs).
We are unable to collect the following items:
- Paint and other liquids.
- Any item over six feet in length.
- Any item that cannot be carried by two people.
- Car parts and tyres.
- Engine oil (place next to your black recycling box in a sealed container).
- Asbestos (can be taken to Household Waste Recycling Centres (tips)).
- Building waste (including rubble and hardcore).
- Business waste (this includes furniture owned by the landlord of a rented property).
- Heavily soiled items.
If you are unsure as to whether we will collect your items speak to the Customer Services Officer who is booking your collection and they will be able to advise.
We will donate working fridges, electric cookers and washing machines for reuse. If you are requesting removal of these items, you will be asked whether they are in working condition.
The following organisations may be able to collect and recycle your items: