- Apply links menu
- Adult learning course list
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Carer's assessment
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
Information given on forms is strictly confidental.
We remove dead animals or birds from roads, pavements, public spaces or private gardens.
- We're unable to remove dead animals or birds that are inaccessible such as roofs and guttering. We try to check all animals found for identification (including microchips).
- If you request a dead pet to be removed there may be a charge for this service.
We have a responsibility to clear dog mess from the public highway as part of normal street cleansing.
- It is an offence to not clear up after your dog
- You can be fined £80
Dog fouling - call 0117 922 2100 or report to the Dog Warden Service
Full dog bins - email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0117 922 3719
Stray dogs - Dog Warden Service - 0117 922 2500
We remove needles, condoms and other litter of this type from private land, the highway, car parks and council-owned land provided access is available.
Urgent weekend calls - Emergency Control Centre on 0117 922 2050
- You can be fined £75.
- Legal notices can be served on the promoting company or owner of the venue to remove the advertisements.
Report fly-tipping (illegal dumping)
We clear fly-tipping from the highway and council owned land generally within two working days, unless specialist arrangements are required for removal/disposal.
We do not clear fly-tipping from private land although we can take a report to pass to our enforcement team for investigation. Call 0117 922 2100.
Any information you can obtain is helpful
- vehicle registration and description
- description of the people seen fly-tipping
- photographic evidence
Convictions for flytipping can carry a fine of up to £50,000 and/or up to five years imprisonment.
If you are the owner of the property, an indemnity form needs to be completed. We cannot carry out any work until this has been received.
Graffiti indemnity form - residential property (pdf, 26 KB)(opens new window)
Graffiti indemnity form - commercial property (pdf, 26 KB)(opens new window)
If you are not the owner, our graffiti crew will contact the property owner for permission.
Report grass that needs cutting.
We cut the grass on land we own to ensure safe use of the city's roads and pavements.
- Litter includes all fast food litter, smoking related litter, such as cigarette ends and discarded chewing gum.
- You can get an on the spot fine of £75.
Litter from businesses
If your staff or customers drop litter on or outside your premises you could be issued with a Litter Clearing Notice. Failure to comply can lead to a maximum fine of £2,500.
Bristol roads are cleaned at least once every three weeks.
Blocked or smelly drains
Report blocked or smelly road drains
(you can also use this form to retrieve personal items dropped down a road drain)
Report damaged street bollards
If a bollard is not lit, needs cleaning or is vandalised.
Damaged kerbs or pavements
Noisy or faulty manhole covers/potholes
Report noisy or faulty manhole covers or potholes
For non urgent potholes or damaged manhole covers.
If the pothole is likely to cause an injury or the manhole cover is missing, please call Customer Services on 0117 922 2100
Damaged bus stop or timetable information
Trees and hedges
Trees and shrubs (causing an obstruction on the highway)
Even if they are on private land.
High hedges (planning advice and guidance)
Includes how to complain about a high hedge.
If you experience difficulties with any of our forms - please call our Customer Service Centre on 0117 922 2100.