- Apply links menu
- Adult learning course list
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Carer's assessment
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Emergency payment/household goods
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
The Register Office holds birth, death and marriage entries for events in the City and County of Bristol from 1837.
In order to supply a certified copy of an entry (a certificate) we require the full names of the people concerned, and the date and place the event took place. Please note that some records were destroyed prior to 1940 and are only available from the General Register Office - www.gro.gov.uk.
Certificates can be supplied to anyone provided you know the full personal details of the person whose certificate is required.
If you were born in Bristol but later adopted please telephone the register office on 0117 922 2800 for further information.
Possession of a birth certificate is not proof of identity.
- If the registration has only recently taken place, within the last six weeks, a different fee may apply. Please call 0117 922 2800 for further information
- Please be aware that where marriages took place at a church or a chapel, the register may still be held by a minister of that church
- Prior to 1940 some of our records are incomplete
Historical records for local and family history, including births, marriages and deaths are also available: