- Apply links menu
- Adult learning courses and evening classes
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Emergency payment/household goods
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
- Birth registration – you must register the birth of a baby within 42 days of the date of birth.
- Death registration – you must register a death within 5 days unless a Coroner is conducting an investigation into the circumstances.
- When someone has died, a number of government departments and council services need to be informed. You can Tell Us Once (pdf, 147 KB)(opens new window), and we will contact those organisations for you.
- Marriages – find out about giving notice, getting married at the Old Council House and approved venues in Bristol.
- Civil partnerships – find out about how to form a same-sex civil partnership.
- Same sex marriages - we are now taking bookings for ceremonies to be held after March 29, 2014.
- Copy certificates – you can order copies of birth, death, marriage and civil partnership certificates either online, by post or in-person at the Bristol Register Office.
- Citizenship ceremonies – we conduct citizenship ceremonies for new British citizens.
- Renewal of vows and naming ceremonies – our Registrars provide these ceremonies either in the Old Council House or in other approved premises in Bristol.
- We offer a pension confirmation service for British Nationals drawing a pension from a foreign country.
If you need your form stamped and signed by us, please attend in person at:
Register Office, Old Council House, Corn Street, Bristol, BS1 1JG,
between 9 am and 11 am Tuesdays or Thursdays.
The fee for this service will be £10.
You may also attend during Register Office opening hours however waiting times may be longer.
You will need to bring a valid passport or photo driving licence and proof of address.
If you require further information contact:
Register Office Supervisor on 0117 922 2800 or email email@example.com
Our contact details are on this page, or you can use our online comment form.
We are situated in the heart of Bristol’s historic centre in the Old Council House. This is a beautiful grade II listed building at the cross roads of Corn Street and Broad Street.
Pages in the section
The Bristol Register Office The Old Council House Corn Street Bristol, BS1 1JG Opening Hours
Entrance on Broad Street.
- 9am to 4pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
- 10am to 4pm on Wednesday, evening appointments from 5pm to 7pm.
- Saturday mornings by appointment only.
The call centre for making appointments is open between 8.30am and 6pm and closes on Wednesday afternoons between 12pm and 1.30pm
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work: General: 0117 922 2800. Naming Ceremonies and Renewal of Vows: 0117 922 2800.
- Fax: 0117 903 8877