- Apply links menu
- Adult learning courses and evening classes
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Carer's assessment
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Emergency payment/household goods
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
This page is about getting a license for a stall at one of the markets at St Nicks.
If you want to know about visiting the markets, opening hours and visiting, please go to the main St Nicks Market page.
Bristol Farmers Market
Every Wednesday on Corn Street and Wine Street 9.30am to 2.30pm
The award winning weekly market offers customers the opportunity to buy local produce direct from the producers.
The current pitch fee per stall is £27.00 per day for which you are provided with an 8ft x 8ft traditional market umbrella and two tables, access to the on site electricity and one car parking space in the traders car park.
The selection of traders for the farmers market is carried out using specific criteria which are listed in the licence conditions. Please ensure that you provide us with adequate information about your products and the production methods that you use, so that we can assess your suitability for the market. Please note that applications will not be accepted for the sale of craft items or non edible plants or products (e.g pet food).
- Farmers Market - Selection criteria and conditions (pdf, 54 KB)(opens new window)
- Farmers Market - Application Form (pdf, 98 KB)(opens new window)
Friday Food Market
Every Friday on Wine Street 10am to 4pm
Offering shoppers and visitors the opportunity to purchase some of the best local produce and street food available in the City.
The market takes place under traditional market umbrella canopies and costs £27.00 a day for a standard stall, and £35.00 a day for a hot food stall.
You are advised to read the conditions which would be attached if your application is granted.
- Friday market application form (pdf, 107 KB)(opens new window)
- Friday market conditions (pdf, 50 KB)(opens new window)
The Nails Market - Corn Street and Wine Street
Fridays and Saturdays 10am to 5pm
Market for local independent traders selling a fantastic array of gifts, from original artwork and photography to handcrafted jewellery and vintage clothing.
The charge per stall is currently £27.00 per day for which we provide you with an 8ft x 8ft traditional market umbrella, two tables, access to the electricity and one car parking space.
Once you have submitted your application we will contact you to arrange for you to come in to the office for a short meeting. We will ask you to bring in a selection of the goods you wish to sell so that we can assess their suitability for the market. Applicants are advised to read about conditions which will be attached if your application is granted.
- Nails Market Application Form (pdf, 109 KB)(opens new window)
- Nails Market - Conditions (pdf, 43 KB)(opens new window)
St Nicholas Market
Applicants are advised to submit photographs of the products that they wish to sell when submitting their application which will help with the selection process.
Weekly fees are based on square footage basis the fees for licence stalls in St Nicholas Market currently range from £35.00 to £250.00 per week. You are advised that business rates are payable to individual stalls within St Nicholas Market.
Please note additional costs are associated with Covered Market and Glass Aracde stalls where electricity fees will be payable to the relevant provider.
- St Nicholas Market - application for market stall (non-food) (pdf, 162 KB)(opens new window)
- St Nicholas Market - application form for market stall (food) (pdf, 111 KB)(opens new window)
- A plan of the market identified stall outline and conditions (pdf, 0.5 MB)(opens new window)
- St Nicholas Market - Conditions (pdf, 100 KB)(opens new window)
Night Market trading applications St Nicholas Market
Closing date for applications is Friday, 31 October 2014.
If you wish to trade at St Nicholas Market during the Night Market Events:
1: Complete the 'Non food' or 'Food' application forms.
2: Sign and return the trading conditions form.
Christmas trading applications St Nicholas Market
If you would like to trade at St Nicholas Market over the Christmas period:
- Complete the St Nicholas Market - application for Christmas market stall form (food) (pdf, 159 KB)(opens new window) or St Nicholas Market - application for Christmas market stall (non-food) (pdf, 159 KB)(opens new window)
Completed applications and accompanying information should be emailed to email@example.com or post to the Markets office. Closing date for applications is Monday 22 September 2014.
- Sign, date and return a copy of the St Nicholas Market trading Conditions
(pdf, 20 KB)(opens new window)
- Return a completed St Nicholas Market Stall Request Sheet
(vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document, 18 KB)(opens new window)
- St Nicholas Market Christmas trading information
(pdf, 290 KB)(opens new window)
- Letter to prospective St Nicholas Market Christmas traders (pdf, 74 KB)(opens new window)
Please note if you are granted permission to trade in St Nicholas Market you are required to obtain public liability insurance.
Apply by post
Print out the application forms above and return to us.
Please contact the Markets Office in the first instance to check availability of pitches. Please note that you will not be required to pay any fees until the permission has been granted.
Will tacit consent apply?
Yes. This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from the local authority by the end of the target completion period. The target completion period is 56 days.
Please contact us in the first instance.
Licence holder redress
Please contact us in the first instance.
We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked, if you are located in the UK, Consumer Direct will give you advice. From outside the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre.
Market traders may need a licence for street trading – please refer to our street trading page
EUGO (European Union Go) gives service providers and entrepreneurs from the EU (European Union) and EEA (European Economic Area) the information and support they need to set up or do business in other EU or EEA markets. Central EUGO website portal.