- Apply links menu
- Adult learning course list
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Carer's assessment
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
If you are already receiving benefit, then we are relying on you to tell us when things change.
If you don’t tell us straight away when things change and we pay you too much benefit as a result, then you will have to pay this money back.
You can now quickly and easily report any changes online. The online form will guide you through reporting your change and tell you if you need to provide any information.
You can also register quickly and easily to view and manage your claim online.
Alternatively, let us know about any changes by calling one of our Customer Advisers on 0117 922 2300.
Things that are likely to affect your entitlement are:
- Your rent being increased or decreased and you rent from a private landlord, housing association or letting agent.
- Your wages or working hours going up or down.
- Starting or leaving work.
- The total combined balance in your bank accounts if the total exceeds £6,000 or £10,000 if you’re a pensioner.
- Any change in the state benefits you receive, such as Tax Credits, Employment and Support Allowance and Jobseeker’s Allowance.
- Moving house (see below).
- People moving in or out of your home.
- The birth of a child.
- Your children leaving school or starting work.
- Changes in the income of someone else in your household.
If you’re a pensioner in receipt of Pension Credit then you should report any changes to your income, savings or investments to The Pension Service and they will let us know if there’s any change to your Pension Credit.
If you don’t get Pension Credit Guaranteed Credit, but are getting Pension Credit Saving Credit you also need to let us know if your savings and investments increases to more that £16,000.
If you are in doubt over what you should tell us, ask one of our advisors on 0117 922 2300.
You can report any changes by calling us, or visiting one of our Customer Service Points across the city; take any documents that confirm the change to save you a second trip.
If you are housebound or have mobility issues we can visit you at home and collect the information we need. Please call us on 0117 922 2300 to discuss what we can do.
We aim to update your claim within 14 days, once all the information we need has been provided.
You will get written confirmation of any changes to your entitlement a couple of days later.
You can now quickly and easily tell us about your move online. The online form will guide you through reporting your change and tell you if you need to provide any information.
You can also register to view and manage your claim online.
Alternatively, you can let us know about any changes calling and speaking with one of our Customer Advisers on 0117 922 2300.
We will need you to provide a copy of your new tenancy agreement showing:
- Your name as the tenant
- The date the tenancy starts
- The amount of the rent and how often you have to pay this amount
- Details of any charges that are included in the rent, such as heating or water