- Apply links menu
- Adult learning course list
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Carer's assessment
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
If your child was born between September 1, 2009 and August 31, 2010 you must make an application for a primary reception school place.
You can apply online for a reception class until midnight January 15, 2014.
Before applying you should read this information:
- the new Primary Guide for Parents (pdf, 4.0 MB)(opens new window) and Carers provides essential information on the different types of school and how to apply.
- the furthest distance table (pdf, 112 KB)(opens new window) gives the furthest distance that places were offered in previous years where schools were oversubscribed.
- find out which schools are nearest to your child's home on the My Neighbourhood website
Key dates for parents
September 12 2013
January 15 2014
April 16 2014
Results for all on-time applicaitons sent to parent/carers by 1st class post, and email.
April 30 2014
Deadline for parents to respond to offer
from June 2014 onwards
Parents hear about re-allocation of places
Appeals are heard
For information about delaying your child starting school until nearer their 5th birthday, please find the information on deferred entry (pdf, 29 KB)(opens new window).
If your child was born between September 1 2002 and August 31 2009 you will need to make a primary In Year application.
Work continues with the aim of providing more places. Details of these and the methods of applying for them will be published on the Primary additional places update page as appropriate.
The current admissions code of practice can be found on the Department for Education website.
Holymead Primary Important changes
Please read the information regarding the amalgamation of the two school sites on page 55 of the Guide
Pages in the section
School admissions Bristol City Council PO Box 57 Bristol, BS99 7EB Opening Hours
Telephones: 9am - 5pm Monday to Thursday and 9am - 4.30pm Friday.
Closed Wednesday until 12noon for staff training.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work: 0117 903 7694
- Fax: 0117 903 7710