- Apply links menu
- Adult learning course list
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Carer's assessment
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
We provide support to all schools and teachers, including home educators, and those involved in school library management at all levels and across Bristol, Bath and North East Somerset, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire.
We offer high quality training and advice services delivered by experienced specialist staff. A full programme of events can be found on our Calendar of events page and more information on advisory visits and support can be found on our services page.
Bristol Libraries can arrange class visits to libraries or can visit your assembly to tell children about the library. Find out more about library services for teachers and schools.
- The Ofsted report 'Good School Libraries: making a difference to learning' (2006, ref: HMI 2624) states that the best school libraries surveyed were the result of the headteacher's clear understanding of the library's key role in raising standards and the use made of their local school library service.
- To achieve an effective school library/learning resource centre that will enhance teaching, learning and reading for pleasure throughout the school.
- For impartial, professional advice on all aspects of running a school library/learning resource centre.
Pages in the section
School Library Service Unit 1, Bristol Vale Trading Estate, Hartcliffe Way Bedminster Bristol, BS3 5RJ Opening Hours
Monday, 8.30am - 4.30pm
We are always pleased to welcome callers but please contact us first so that we can accommodate your visit. We look forward to seeing you.
Monday, 8.30am - 4.30pm
Tuesday, 8.30am - 4.30pm
Wednesday, 8.30am - 4.30pm
Thursday, 8.30am - 4.30pm
Friday, 8.30am - 4pm
Please note: we are open throughout the year (except public holidays). A telephone answering service is available at other times.
- Parking: there is some parking immediately outside Unit 1 and a large car park at the top of the industrial estate for general use.
- Buses: the number 76 bus stops nearby on Hartcliffe Way.
- Entrance: level entrance.
- Doors: double doors straight into the library.
- Inside: Our training room is on a mezzanine floor with access via stairs and lift. The building meets Disability Discrimination Act standards.
- On the A4174 Hartcliffe Way coming from the east (Bath) look out for the Fire Station on the right, then Shell garage on the left. Turn left into Bristol Vale Trading Estate immediately before the Matching Brick Company.
- On the A4174 Hartcliffe Way coming from the west (North Somerset) look out for Parson Street School on the left followed by the Matching Brick Company on the right. Turn right into the trading estate immediately after this.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work: 0117 903 8534
- Fax: 0117 903 8535