- Apply links menu
- Adult learning courses and evening classes
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Emergency payment/household goods
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
We're updating and improving our website. We'll swap over to the new version in the next couple of weeks.
If your child was born between 1 September 2004 and 31 August 2005 you must apply for a new Year 7 Secondary school entry place. Applications must be received by us by 31 October 2015
For other year groups you should make an In Year application
Before applying for a new Year 7 Secondary school place you should read the following information:
- Our Guide for Parents and Carers (pdf, 4.4 MB)(opens new window) provides essential information on the different types of school and how to apply.
- You can enter your postcode into our useful application to find your nearest schools
- You can make arrangements to visit schools. Their set open days are in September and early October.
31 October 2015
Closing date for all applications.
Week commencing 16 November 2015
Bristol Local Authority sends details of applications received for schools in other Local Authorities to the relevant Local Authority.
By 23 November 2015
Bristol Local Authority sends details of applications received to schools.
By 9 January 2016
Schools send lists of the pupils to be offered and/or refused places to local Authority.
By 9 February 2016
Bristol Local Authority to inform other Local Authorities of the outcome of applications made by their residents for schools within Bristol.
By 26 February 2016
Bristol schools informed by Bristol Local Authority of final offers up to the Admission Number. Schools will not notify parents of the outcome.
Posted 1st class 1 March 2016
Single offer of a school place made for children resident in Bristol, including offers on behalf of other Local Authorities and own admission authority schools.
By 15 March 2016
Parents to respond to offers made.
By 15 April 2016
Bristol Local Authority informs schools of offers accepted.
18 March 2015 and 187 April 2015
As far as possible, details of late applications, on time applicants still seeking a place at their preferred schools and of places not accepted to be exchanged between Local Authorities.
6 May 2015
Second round of allocations to be made.
Deadline for appeals to be lodged for appeals presented by Bristol City Council School Admissions
The following schools are full for admission to Year 7 in September 2015. Information on how places were allocated is available below.
- Bristol Cathedral Choir School (pdf, 119 KB)(opens new window)
- Bristol Free School (pdf, 191 KB)(opens new window)
- Colstons Girl's School (pdf, 153 KB)(opens new window)
- Cotham School (pdf, 99 KB)(opens new window)
- Oasis Academy John Williams (pdf, 86 KB)(opens new window)
- Redland Green School (pdf, 101 KB)(opens new window)
- Steiner Academy Bristol (pdf, 76 KB)(opens new window)
- St Bede's Catholic College (pdf, 184 KB)(opens new window)
- St Bernadette Catholic Secondary School (pdf, 65 KB)(opens new window)
- St Mary Redcliffe & Temple CE School (pdf, 17 KB)(opens new window)
- BANES Schools (pdf, 339 KB)(opens new window)
- North Somerset Schools (pdf, 65 KB)(opens new window)
- South Gloucestershire Schools (pdf, 2.4 MB)
- Bristol Brunel Academy 2nd round 2015 (pdf, 105 KB)(opens new window)
- Bristol Cathedral Choir School 2nd round 2015 (pdf, 88 KB)(opens new window)
- Bristol Free School 2nd round 2015 (pdf, 105 KB)(opens new window)
- Bristol Metropolitan Academy 2nd round 2015 (pdf, 94 KB)(opens new window)
- Colston Girls School 2nd round 2015 (pdf, 107 KB)(opens new window)
- Cotham School 2nd round 2015 (pdf, 105 KB)(opens new window)
- Oasis Academy John Williams 2nd round 2015 (pdf, 144 KB)(opens new window)
- Redland Green School 2nd round 2015 (pdf, 14 KB)(opens new window)
- St Bede's Catholic College 2nd round 2015 (pdf, 212 KB)
Pages in the section
School admissions Romney House, Bristol City Council PO Box 3176 Bristol, BS3 9FS Opening Hours
Telephones: 9am - 5pm Monday to Thursday and 9am - 4.30pm Friday.
Closed Wednesday until 12noon for staff training.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work: 0117 903 7694
- Fax: 0117 903 7710