- Apply links menu
- Adult learning courses and evening classes
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Emergency payment/household goods
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
Please note that we are currently experiencing high telephone call volumes.
If you have forgotten your eAdmissions user name, please contact us by email.
If your child was born between 1 September 2003 and 31 August 2004 you must apply for a new Year 7 Secondary school entry place. The deadline for on time applications was 31 October 2014.
To make a late application you will need to complete a paper application form. You can print a form by using the link in the Related Documents section of this page or contact the School Admissions Team if you would like a form sent to you.
For other year groups you should make an In Year application
The following schools are full for admission to Year 7 in September 2015. Information on how places were allocated is available below. If you wish to appeal for any of your higher preference schools, please print out and complete the relevant form and send it to the address shown.
- Bristol Cathedral Choir School (pdf, 119 KB)(opens new window)
- Bristol Free School (pdf, 191 KB)(opens new window)
- Colstons Girl's School (pdf, 153 KB)(opens new window)
- Cotham School (pdf, 99 KB)(opens new window)
- Oasis Academy John Williams (pdf, 86 KB)(opens new window)
- Redland Green School (pdf, 101 KB)(opens new window)
- Steiner Academy Bristol (pdf, 76 KB)(opens new window)
- St Bede's Catholic College (pdf, 184 KB)(opens new window)
- St Bernadette Catholic Secondary School (pdf, 65 KB)(opens new window)
- St Mary Redcliffe & Temple CE School (pdf, 17 KB)(opens new window)
- BANES Schools (pdf, 339 KB)(opens new window)
- North Somerset Schools (pdf, 65 KB)(opens new window)
- South Gloucestershire Schools (pdf, 2.4 MB)(opens new window)
Before applying for a new Year 7 Secondary school place you should read the following information:
Our Guide for Parents and Carers (pdf, 4.5 MB)(opens new window)provides essential information on the different types of school and how to apply.
You can enter your postcode into our useful application to find your nearest school.
- If you are applying to Steiner Academy Bristol, please visit their website and fill in the supplementary admissions form to ensure that the school is able to process your application.
31 October 2014
Closing date for all applications.
Week commencing 10 November 2014
Bristol Local Authority sends details of applications received for schools in other Local Authorities to the relevant Local Authority.
By 21 November 2014
Bristol Local Authority sends details of applications received to own admission authority schools in Bristol.
By 9 January 2015
Own admission authority schools send lists of the pupils to be offered and/or refused places at their schools, indicating ranking and criterion under which considered, to Bristol Local Authority.
By 9 February 2015
Bristol Local Authority to inform other Local Authorities of the outcome of applications made by their residents for schools within Bristol.
By 23 February 2015
Bristol schools informed by Bristol Local Authority of final offers up to the Admission Number. Schools will not notify parents of the outcome.
Posted 1st class 2 March 2015
Single offer of a school place made for children resident in Bristol, including offers on behalf of other Local Authorities and own admission authority schools.
By 16 March 2015
Parents to respond to offers made.
By 24 April 2015
Bristol Local Authority informs schools of offers accepted.
Between 18 March 2015 and 18 April 2015
As far as possible, details of late applications, on time applicants still seeking a place at their preferred schools and of places not accepted to be exchanged between Local Authorities.
Week commencing 5 May 2015
Second round of allocations to be made.
Pages in the section
School admissions Bristol City Council PO Box 3176 Bristol, BS3 9FS Opening Hours
Telephones: 9am - 5pm Monday to Thursday and 9am - 4.30pm Friday.
Closed Wednesday until 12noon for staff training.
- Email: email@example.com
- Work: 0117 903 7694
- Fax: 0117 903 7710