- Apply links menu
- Adult learning courses and evening classes
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Carer's assessment
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Emergency payment/household goods
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
If your child was born between 1 September 2002 and 31 August 2003 you must apply for a New Year 7 Secondary school entry place.
The online application system for Secondary schools has now closed.
You may still apply by completing a paper application form (pdf, 185 KB)(opens new window) and return it by post or email.
This will be a 'late' application and will be considered after all on-time applications have been allocated.
Information about Secondary schools
Before applying for a New Year 7 Secondary school you should read the following information:
A guide for Parents and Carers (pdf, 4.7 MB)(opens new window) provides essential information on the different types of school and how to apply.
- You can make arrangements to visit schools independently. Their set Open days were in September and early October.
3 March 2014
Results for all on-time applicaitons sent to parent/carers by 1st class post. At 10am, those who applied online will also be sent an email summarising their results.
4 March 2014 onwards
Parents can appeal/place child on waiting list
17 March 2014
Deadline for parents to respond to offer
5 May 2014
Parents hear about re-allocation of places
May 2014 onwards
Appeals are heard
If your child was born between 31 August 1998 and 1 September 2001 you will need to make an In Year admisssion application.
The following schools are full for admission to Year 7 in September 2014:
- Bristol Brunel Academy (pdf, 306 KB)(opens new window)
- Bristol Cathedral Choir School (pdf, 92 KB)(opens new window)
- Bristol Free School (pdf, 404 KB)(opens new window)
- Colston's Girls' School (pdf, 290 KB)(opens new window)
- Cotham School (pdf, 316 KB)(opens new window)
- Oasis Academy John Williams (pdf, 66 KB)(opens new window)
- Redland Green School (pdf, 64 KB)(opens new window)
- St Bede's Catholic College (pdf, 375 KB)(opens new window)
- St Mary Redcliffe & Temple CE School (pdf, 8 KB)(opens new window)
We cannot give waiting list positions for Redland Green School and Cotham School until 02 April 2014. For waiting list positions for other schools please contact Local Authority/Academy/Trust Schools direct.
Pages in the section
School admissions Bristol City Council PO Box 57 Bristol, BS99 7EB Opening Hours
Telephones: 9am - 5pm Monday to Thursday and 9am - 4.30pm Friday.
Closed Wednesday until 12noon for staff training.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work: 0117 903 7694
- Fax: 0117 903 7710