- Apply links menu
- Adult learning course list
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Carer's assessment
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Emergency payment/household goods
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
We’ll keep this page updated with any services that are affected by weather, including the latest news on school openings.
Our information is regularly updated and is also sent to:
View Bins, recycling and street cleaning for more information and advice.
- Winter maintenance for roads, highways and pavements.
- Find your nearest grit bin.
- View map of priority gritting routes (pdf, 0.8 MB)(opens new window).
- Volunteer to be a snow warden.
- Tips and advice on clearing snow and ice.
- First Bristol, Bath, Weston and the West – see the winter weather disruptions on First website.
- For Bristol City Council supported Services 501, 502, 505, 506, 507, 508, 511, 512, 513, 514 operated by Wessex can be found on Wessex's Twitter Feed.
- For all other services please contact the relevant operator, contact details can be found on the Travel West website.
Park and Ride
- Bristol Ferry Boat Company – telephone 0117 9273416.
- Number Seven Boat Trips – telephone 0117 9293659.
The emergency number for the homeless is 0117 353 4007.
Each year, the council and partners operate a Severe Weather Emergency Protocol (SWEP) to find accommodation for people who would otherwise be sleeping rough in periods of particularly cold weather. This includes additional temporary hostel beds. The arrangements operate when temperatures are predicted to be zero centigrade or below for three nights in a row.
If you are worried about someone you think might be sleeping rough call St Mungo's Compass Centre on 944 0581 or contact the national rough sleeping helpline at 0300 500 0914 or visit the Street Link website.
Vulnerable and elderly people
If you're concerned about anybody in your area please contact Care Direct – telephone 0117 922 2700 during office hours. Out of hours and weekend emergencies contact Emergency Duty Team 01454 615 165.
Winter weather advice
Cemeteries and crematorium
See our Cemeteries page.
Children and young people
See our Child protection pages to contact one of our Social Work Assessment Teams.
Customer service points
Visit one of our Customer Service Points for latest information.