- Apply links menu
- Adult learning courses and evening classes
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Emergency payment/household goods
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
We now spend £366 million (net) on the day-to-day cost of local services each year. This is funded partly through government grants - which include the city's share of the National Non-Domestic Rate (business rate) - and partly through the Council Tax paid by households in the city.
The city council is determined to deliver value-for-money to its residents and to focus its limited resources on delivering the city's top priorities and meeting its greatest areas of need.
The links on this page will take you to various background documents relating to our budgets and actual expenditure in recent years. These include:
- Annual accounts - Statement of accounts and reports from our external auditors; summary of accounts
- Council budgets - Revenue and capital budgets and the current medium term financial plan
- Other Financial information - Other financial information including booklets sent to council tax and business rate payers.
- Internal Audit - link to information about the responsibilities, aims and contact details relating to the internal audit section.