- Apply links menu
- Adult learning course list
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Carer's assessment
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
This site uses access keys. This allows you to move through the web site using keyboard shortcuts.
Skip links at the top of every page jump to the main page content or navigation menu.
Access keys used on this site:
0 – Accessibility information
1 – Home page
2 – News
3 – Site map
4 – Search
5 – Skip to main navigation
6 – Help
7 – Complaints
8 – Disclaimer and privacy statement
9 – Feedback
; – Contact Us
= – Jobs
# – Libraries
s – skip to main content
The 1.5 Spacing link at the top of each page will increase the text line spacing. This can make our pages easier to read for some people.
You can use your web browser settings to change:
- colours of text and the background of pages
- font and text size
PDF documents: most computers will show these automatically. If you need the software you can download the free PDF reader from the Adobe website.
Microsoft Word documents: if you do not have Microsoft Office installed, you can download a Word file viewer from Microsoft's website.
If you have difficulty in using our website, telephone or textphone our main contact centre. Let us know about the problem using our website feedback form or email us at email@example.com
Deaf people can call the council using SignVideo Web Access online interpreting service, from their own home, for free.
We are committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website.
Web pages on this site meet Double-A of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for disabled people. Independent accessibility experts, the Shaw Trust, checked our website in February 2013 and granted us a web accessibility certificate (Shaw Trust site).
For more details read the Bristol City Council web accessibility principles (pdf, 60 KB) (opens new window).
This accessibility statement applies only to our main website www.bristol.gov.uk, and not to sub-domains of bristol.gov.uk (like maps.bristol.gov.uk) or other websites that are linked from our pages.
Updated: December 13, 2012.
Whilst we try to meet the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility, it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website. The following parts of the site are not level Double-A compliant.
On our website
Some of our own web applications need improving and we are working through these. Some are old software that we cannot easily change.
- Adult care self referral form
- Allotment finder system
- Allotments application form
- Assisted waste collection form (screen reader problem)
- Collection day finder (screen reader problem)
- Committee minutes and agendas search and display system
- Community Centre viewer
- Complaints/comments/compliments forms (screen reader problem)
- Council tax forms
- Councillor finder and information
- Councillor interests listing
- Events listing and search
- Financial assessment form
- Fly-tipping report form (screen reader problem)
- Garden waste sacks collection form (screen reader problem)
- Graffiti and fly-posting report form
- Library viewer
- Local election results
- Local organisation finder
- Mapping and My Neighbourhood system
- Missed waste collection form (screen reader problem)
- New or replacement bin form (screen reader problem)
- Overflowing bring bank report form
- Pay links pages
- Recycling centre listings
- Reduce-reuse-recycling resources
- School finder system
- SNAP surveys
- Street cleansing report form
- Street drains report form
- Street fault report form
- Ward finder system
From external websites
Some parts of this site link to or use content provided by other websites and these are not always as accessible as our site. Examples of these are:
- Video from YouTube
- Webcasts from Public-i
- Tweets and the Twitter panels from Twitter
- Maps from Google
- Photos from Flickr
- Surveys using SurveyMonkey
- Share button from Add This
- Facebook widgets