- Apply links menu
- Adult learning courses and evening classes
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Carer's assessment
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Emergency payment/household goods
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
This public protection service is a 24 hour service, 365 days a year.
- During office hours the contact number is 0117 9223000.
- Out of office hours emergency number is 0117 9222050.
Under the Building Act 1984, we are responsible for dealing with any report of a building or other structure, in a potentially dangerous condition. We will carry out a survey to find out whether there is a danger to people in the area.
Once a report is received, a surveyor will visit the site to assess the danger and any risks. If needed, under Section 78 of the Act, immediate action can be taken to remove the danger, for example, the structure can be demolished or fenced off if required.
If the structure is found to be in poor condition but is not immediately dangerous, we can advise the owner, or serve notice under Section 77, by applying to the Magistrate's Court to have the owner undertake repairs within a reasonable time.
Building Regulations and Standards Brunel House St George's Road Bristol, BS1 5UY Opening Hours
We operate 'appointment only' visits to this office. Please telephone 0117 922 3000 to book an appointment.
If you have queries about a specific application, please telephone before 10.30am.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work: 0117 922 3000