- Apply links menu
- Adult learning course list
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Carer's assessment
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
- Do you own an empty property in good repair but don't know whether to sell or rent?
- Are you a property developer looking for opportunities to turn empty properties into profit?
- Have you recently inherited a property that's standing empty but are unsure of the next steps to filling it?
- Are you aware of a property left standing empty and want something done?
If so, help is available.
The West of England Empty Property Initiative sees Bristol, Bath & North East Somerset, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset councils working together to combat the problem of empty homes. We want to improve access to decent affordable housing by encouraging the owners of empty properties to bring these much needed homes back into occupation.
Support and advice is available to enable and assist owners to turn empty properties back into residential accommodation.
Whether you own an empty property, wish to buy an empty property or if you want to report an empty property No Use Empty (West) can provide helpful information, advice and contacts.
Please note. If necessary, councils can take enforcement action where
- owners persist in leaving a property empty
- an empty home is an eyesore
- there is a danger to public safety.
To find out more please visit the No Use Empty (West) website
The last Empty Homes Week was on 25 November to 3 December 2012. The next one will be in December this year.