- Apply links menu
- Adult learning courses and evening classes
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Emergency payment/household goods
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
Bristol Green Capital has its own website
In 2015 Bristol became the UK’s first ever European Green Capital in recognition of what its citizens has already achieved in making our city a healthier, happier place to live in.
As climate change makes sustainable, low carbon living more and more fundamental to the future of cities and people, the title of European Green Capital is also becoming increasingly important.
Bristol 2015 is an opportunity to show how cities and citizens can play a core role in solving some of the biggest challenges of our time.
The European Green Capital award is presented to the City of Bristol. There are three key organisations involved:
- Bristol 2015 Ltd is an independent company responsible for delivering a number of key events and activities during the year, including a Neighbourhood Arts programme, Schools programme and a series of national and international summits. Further information about what’s happening in 2015 is available on the 2015 Ltd website.
- Bristol City Council is supporting the year with its own programme and grants funding process and will carry forward part of the 2015 legacy.
- The Bristol Green Capital Partnership is an independent Community Interest Company with over 700 member organisations whose focus is the legacy from European Green Capital through long-term, long-lasting change.