- Apply links menu
- Adult learning course list
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Carer's assessment
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
The Georgian House is an 18th century, six storey townhouse in the centre of Bristol that has been restored and decorated to its original glory.
- Opens 30 March to end of June: Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday Mondays, 10.30am to 4pm
- July to August: Tuesday to Sunday and Bank Holiday Mondays, 10.30am to 4pm
- September to end of October: Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday Mondays. 10.30am to 4pm.
- November to Easter 2014: Closed
The Georgian House Museum
Great George Street
Bristol, BS1 5RR
- Access is limited because of the age and layout of the house.
- The house has three flights of stairs and no lift.
- No toilet.
The house was built in 1790 for John Pinney, a wealthy slave plantation owner and sugar merchant, it was also where the enslaved African, Pero lived. It is displayed as it might have looked in the 18th century and provides an insight into life above and below stairs. Imagine the busy kitchen where servants prepared meals, taking a dip in the cold-water plunge pool and relaxing in the elegant upstairs rooms.
There are 11 rooms spread over four floors, including;
- The basement, where you can see the kitchen, housekeeper's room, pantry and John Pinney's cold water plunge pool.
- Formal rooms including John Pinney's office, two dining rooms, a library and two drawing rooms.
- The second floor bedroom.
- A small exhibition on the Pinney's involvement in the sugar trade and John Pinney's slave, Pero.
School and educational groups
Contact the learning department to find out about school and educational group workshops held at The Georgian House Museum
Tel: 0117 922 3567
Adult group tours
To book contact:
Collections Officer - Applied Art
Tel: 0117 922 3588
There are no upcoming events at The Georgian House Museum. See what’s on across Bristol's other free museums view our full listing of museum events.
Sign up to e-news
What’s on at Bristol’s free museums? Sign up to our e-news to receive monthly updates on upcoming exhibitions, events and activities, including family fun events. You may also receive information about competitions, giveaways and special offers in the shop and café.