- Apply links menu
- Adult learning course list
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Carer's assessment
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Emergency payment/household goods
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
If you are interested in becoming a School Governor we would be delighted to hear from you. Information on what school governors do and how to apply can be found on the 'Becoming a Governor' pages.
The Governor Development Service is here to support governors, clerks and headteachers and help them carry out their roles effectively.
We provide advice, support and development opportunities through:
- An advice helpline and website
- A regular monthly and termly bulletin and newsletter
- A centrally-based training programme
- School based training
- Placement of potential LA governors
Documents and guidance for Clerks to governing bodies can be found in 'Clerking the governing body'.
Guidance to governors, including information packs, good practice templates, reports and policies and inspection information can be found in 'Governors' responsibilities'.
Information relating to the Governor development service training sessions and subscriptions can be found in 'Training and support'