- Apply links menu
- Adult learning course list
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Carer's assessment
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
Our aim is for you to be as independent as possible. We provide information, advice, or support to make this happen.
When we offer support, we will normally give you money as a direct payment to organise your own care. We do this to give people more choice and control over their care. We are still able to provide Council arranged services where needed.
Contact our Care Direct service.
One of our advisors will ask you about your situation. They can:
- give you information and advice
- tell you about other organisations that will be able to help you
If you need further support from us they will carry out an assessment over the phone. They will then either:
- Set up support over the phone
- Refer you to our reablement service. They provide short-term support in your own home to help you be more independant
- Arrange for someone to visit to carry out a more detailed assessment. If you need it, they can help you set up and manage your own care.
Before you get support from us we check if you qualify using government guidelines. We have to use these guidelines to work out your needs and the risk to your independence. We have to find out if the risks you face are critical, substantial, moderate or low.
We are only able help people whose risk level is defined as critical or substantial.
There are charges for care services. We will do a financial assessment to find out how much you have to contribute to the costs of your support. We also check if the support gives best value for money.
You will be asked to pay something towards the cost of your care if the money you have coming in and your savings are more than a certain amount.
Pages in the section
Care Direct Opening Hours
8.30am - 5pm Monday to Friday (answerphone outside office hours)
- Work: 0117 922 2700
- Text phone: 0117 903 6689
- Fax: 0117 903 6688