- Apply links menu
- Adult learning courses and evening classes
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Emergency payment/household goods
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
Bristol has completed a review of Adult Social Care and has re-structured staff so that we can respond more efficiently and faster to customers’ enquiries and needs.
We held a discussion day with service users and carers in December 2012 and consulted staff during 2013. The new service, called a 'Customer Pathway' started at the end of October 2013.
- Care Direct (0117 92 22700) is the first point of contact for service users, carers and the general public. We will provide information about where you can seek help from. If this is from us, we will start your assessment from the first time you contact us and aim to tell you quickly what we will do next. Sometimes, we will not be the best place to get help from, and we may put you in touch with another organisation that can help.
- If your call is urgent, we will prioritise it.
- We will try and complete your assessment on the telephone but may however need to pass you on to another team to complete it either through further telephone calls, or someone may need to arrange to visit you.
We may ask your permission to speak to other people about your needs (such as your GP). Once your assessment is completed and agreed, we will put a Support Plan together with you which may consist of a Direct Payment, so you have the money to choose your own help, or use services arranged by us. If necessary, we may provide you with temporary services to help you while we complete your full assessment.
- Anyone receiving help from us will receive a Financial Assessment and will be required to contribute to the cost of their care, based on their financial means.
- If your needs change, you should contact us.