- Apply links menu
- Adult learning courses and evening classes
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Carer's assessment
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Emergency payment/household goods
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
This page is about complaints and comments concerning services provided by Health and Social Care. For other complaints go to the council's main complaints page.
To make a comment or complaint complete the online adult care complaints form or you can telephone, text or write to us at our Freepost address - no stamp required.
Anyone who gets a service from Health and Social Care, or their carers, can complain.
- If you are unhappy with the service you get or for someone you are caring for please tell us.
- We will acknowledge your complaint in three working days.
- A manager will contact you to discuss your concerns and, if appropriate, arrange to meet with you to talk about it further.
- Together you will agree a plan about how it will be looked into. You will also be asked to agree a date when you should expect a response, which will be in writing.
What does the compaints procedure cover?
- The complaints procedure doesn't cover everything.
- There are time limits. This means that usually what you want to complain about must have happened in the last 12 months.
- Sometimes the complaints procedure is not the best way to express your dissatisfaction. We can advise you about this.
If you have a suggestion about how we may improve our services to you or other people please let us know. If you feel that we have provided a high quality service we would like to know. We learn from what you tell us, and use the information when we plan other services. We will reply to you.
It may be possible for you to have someone to help you complain. The people who help are called advocates. Contact us to find out more, or see below links for further information and contact details. Advocacy support is provided by the Care Forum's Complaints Procedure Advocacy service.
You can have an interpreter if English is not your first language.
We do hope that it will be possible to reach a conclusion that you are happy with. If you are still unhappy you should let us know so we can discuss other options. However, if you decide that you would like your complaint to be independently reviewed you can contact the Local Government Ombudsman.
Complaints Team Room G27 , City Hall Freepost BS 4341, PO Box 595 Bristol, BS99 2BR
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work: 0117 922 2723