- Apply links menu
- Adult learning course list
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Carer's assessment
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
The Bristol Careline is a subscriber service providing an emergency link, often for people who live alone. It is used by lots of people for many different reasons; from people who are vulnerable to falling, to those who just want the reassurance of knowing a friendly voice is available at the touch of a button.
Read on to find out how Careline can support any family members or vulnerable friends 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- View the Bristol Careline brochure (pdf, 1.0 MB)(opens new window).
- Watch our introductory video below.
- Please contact us with any questions or for a free demonstration.
Bristol Careline is available 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year. It consists of:
- A unit featuring a large, red, illuminated button
- A small alarm button that can be worn as a pendant, clipped to clothing or worn on a wrist strap
When either button is pressed our control centre receives a call and we can identify who is calling. The lifeline equipment has a built-in microphone and loudspeaker so you can talk to us, from around your home.
We will immediately contact the right person to get you help. This may be a friend, relative, neighbour or if necessary the emergency services.
Anyone within Bristol can benefit from this service. You do not have to be disabled or above a certain age. There is no eligibility criteria (although we do reserve the right not to provide the service in certain circumstances).
Your home must have a phone line with a modern telephone socket, in reasonable distance of a power socket.
If you live outside of Bristol we can provide a service but this is usually only where your local authority does not provide a similar service.
You can rent the system for £45.50 per quarter (13 week period). This charge covers providing the alarm equipment, pendant, 24 hour cover by our emergency control centre and all maintenance. There is a one off installation charge of £25. The service is VAT exempt.
The rental charge can be paid either by cheque or direct debit through your bank or building society.
Yes. A member of our team will gladly visit you at home to show you how the equipment works. They will also install the equipment if you decide you wish to proceed.
- To apply or to arrange a free demonstration please use our online Careline application form or complete and post the Independent living: Careline application form (pdf, 0.7 MB)(opens new window). Please select 'More information' or 'Free demonstration'. You will need a postage stamp.
Bristol Careline Brunel House St George's Road Bristol, BS1 5UY
- Email: email@example.com
- Work: 0117 922 3269
- Fax: 0117 922 2379