- Apply links menu
- Adult learning courses and evening classes
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Carer's assessment
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Emergency payment/household goods
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
Caretaking Services are responsible for cleaning the communal areas and dealing with site management issues at 163 sites citywide. A team of area caretakers maintains each site that receives a service. There are 10 teams citywide, each of which is led by a Site Coordinator. The teams work:
- Monday to Thursday, 7.30am to 4pm.
- Fridays, 7.30am to 3.30pm.
On larger sites morning weekend cover is provided where needed. Look on the Caretaking Services site notice board to find out who your Site Coordinator is. You can find this in the foyer, or laundry if you have one.
To report anything between 8.30am and 6pm please contact Caretaking Services. You can also report any issues using Looking Local. For more information on accessing our digital services please see our leaflet Going digital:Your Caretaking Service (pdf, 90 KB)(opens new window).
Outside of these times, if it's an emergency, contact our Emergency Control Centre:
- Telephone: 0117 922 2050.
- Textphone: 0117 922 3892.
- Fax: 0117 922 2379.
Caretaking and cleaning tasks vary from site to site. Please see our cleaning tasks at multi-storey and walk-up blocks of flats (pdf, 21 KB)(opens new window) poster which is on display on the Caretaking Services site noticeboard. If you would like a copy please contact Caretaking Services.
Every site must meet our agreed caretaking standard. We carry out regular site inspections with tenants to check that the standards are being met. These involve:
- A Site Coordinator along with a tenant(s) and or Area Caretaker walking the site. They check a number of elements such as external areas, bin rooms and staircases. Each element is given a score, which is recorded on a site inspection form.
- For a site to be judged satisfactory it needs to reach a score of 67%. If it reaches above 75% it is judged as meeting a high standard.
- If any element is judged to be unsatisfactory, actions to resolve this will be agreed. These are recorded and will be re-checked at the next site inspection to make sure they have been done.
- Any repairs are recorded and reported to the Repairs and Maintenance Service.
- Any breaches of tenancy conditions and anti-social behaviour are recorded and reported to the Estate Management Service.
- The results of each inspection, including any actions required, are displayed on the Caretaking Services site noticeboard.
- Most sites are inspected monthly, though this varies from site to site.
- If you have time you would be very welcome to join us on an inspection. We can provide you with training.
- You can find out when inspections take place at your site, by looking on the Caretaking Services site noticeboard.
- Inspections usually start at the main entrance. For more information please contact Caretaking Services.
The amount that you pay for the caretaking service depends on how much cleaning your site requires. There are five charges in total. For more information please see council tenants: rent and service charges.
Pages in the section
Caretaking Services PO Box 595 Bristol, BS99 2AW Opening Hours
Open Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 6pm
You can speak to someone face to face by telephoning Caretaking Services and ask for an appointment or you can visit any of the Customer Service Points
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work: 0117 922 2200 (option 5)
- Text phone: 0117 357 4444
- Fax: 0117 352 5270