- Apply links menu
- Adult learning courses and evening classes
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Emergency payment/household goods
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
There is a 1.8% charge on all credit card payments. This payment service provides you with the balance due on your account. Please see using the internet or automated payment service (pdf, 24 KB)(opens new window).
24-hour payment line 0870 707 7776
- There is a 1.8% charge on all credit card payments.
- You'll need your 14 digit reference number. You'll find this on your account statement, rent increase letter, invoice or arrears letter.
- You can also check your rent balance.
How to set up a direct debit
- Complete a direct debit form (pdf, 35 KB)(opens new window) and send it to the address on the form.
- Call in to any Citizen Service Point with your bank, building society or credit union account details and complete a form whilst you wait.
How to work out your monthly payments
- You must pay in advance so that your account does not go into arrears.
- Payments are made automatically from your account on a monthly basis.
- You have a choice of two payment dates, either the 5 or 25 of each month.
- Your monthly payment is calculated by working out how much you must pay to have a clear rent account by the end of the financial year (March 31), divided by the number of monthly payment opportunities left in the year. If you cannot afford these payments you may still be able to set up a direct debit to clear your account over a longer period. Please contact the Rent Management Service to make an arrangement to pay.
- Your payments are covered by the direct debit guarantee (pdf, 15 KB)(opens new window).
Payments are made directly from your bank, building society or credit union account. You control the standing order, how much you want to pay and when.
How to set up a standing order
You must do this with your bank, building society or credit union.
- Complete a standing order form. (pdf, 210 KB)(opens new window) You'll need your 14 digit rent account reference number. You can find this on your rent statement or any letters from us.
- Send it directly to your bank, building society or credit union, not to Bristol City Council. You can also use the information on the form to set up a standing order online.
- If you set up a standing order, you must let the Rent Management Service know the start date and the amount of your standing order.
- You must pay in advance so that your account does not go in to arrears. If your account is in arrears, please contact the Rent Management Service or visit any Citizen Service Point to agree the amount you will pay.
How to make a change to your standing order
- If the amount you have to pay changes, you must contact your bank, building society or credit union immediately to amend your standing order.
You may be entitled to make a benefits claim for housing benefit to help pay some or all of your rent.
- During the year, there are four weeks where we don't charge rent. Two over the August bank holiday and two over the Christmas and New Year period.
- You don't need to pay during these weeks, unless you're in arrears, when you must continue to make payments. For more information please contact the Rent Management Service.
We send out rent account statements annually. If you want one at any other time please visit any Citizen Service Point or contact the Rent Management Service using the contact details on this page.
Rent Management Service (100 TS) Bristol City Council PO Box 3176 BRISTOL, BS3 9FS Opening Hours
Open Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 6pm
You can speak to someone face to face by telephoning the Rent Management Service and ask for an appointment or you can visit any of our Citizen Service Points.
Please use this form to make general enquiries about your rent.
- Work: 0117 922 2200
- Text phone: 0117 357 4444
- Fax: 0117 352 5033