- Apply links menu
- Adult learning course list
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Carer's assessment
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
We are committed to providing private landlords and agents with quality information to help then to operate successful businesses now and into the future.
Our aim is to improve conditions in the private sector and to prevent homelessness, it is therefore essential that we support and encourage responsible renting.
In partnership with the other three local authorities in the West of England area, we've put together a website full of resources for landlords. You can browse our online landlord manual, take the landlord proficiency test and access many other resources.
Please see our specific private residential accommodation pages for more information.
Our Benefits pages will answer many of your questions about being a landlord and having tenants who claim benefits.
The Tenancy Relations Service offers a free and confidential service to help tenants and landlords, of privately rented residential property, resolve disputes in order to sustain tenancies. This page contains a number of useful fact sheets and guides relating to private tenancies which you may find useful.
Pages in the section
- Accreditation Scheme
- Bristol Tenant Finder
- Discretionary licensing of residential accommodation
- Energy performance certificates for landlords
- Fire safety for landlords
- Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO) Licensing
- Landlord news
- Private Housing Policy Statement
- Report a licensable House in Multiple Occupation (HMO)
- Tenancy deposit protection
Private Housing Team PO Box 595 (AC) Bristol, BS99 2AW
- Email: email@example.com
- Work: 0117 352 5010
- Text phone: 0117 352 5010