- Apply links menu
- Adult learning course list
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Carer's assessment
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Emergency payment/household goods
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
Culture has a vital role to play in Bristol being an active, creative and prosperous city. Our role is to support and develop the unique creative landscape of the city.
We play a leading role in facilitating environments which encourage creativity, and ensure that Bristol’s diverse communities are able to access and be inspired by the arts. We aim to do this by:
- running the Creative Seed and the Community Festival Event Funds which can support small creative projects in the city.
- offering advice, support and signposting to individual artists and arts organisations.
- enabling arts organisations and artists to use Bristol’s unused spaces.
See Social and economic impact asessment on discretionary business rates relief (pdf, 0.8 MB)(opens new window)
- partnering with and supporting arts organisations
- advocating for culture across the city.
For further information on arts development please contact the team on 0117 92 22716
Bristol Film Office is a free service to all productions planning to film in the city. We're dedicated to making your film, television or commercial photography shoot run as smoothly as possible when on location in Bristol. We do this by:
- dealing with film licensing in Bristol.
- assisting with all stages of production from initial location and crewing advice to recces and logistical support.
For further advice please give the Bristol Film Office staff a call 0117 922 3958
We host and licence many events ranging from major outdoor festivals to touring theatre productions, sporting events, charity fundraisers, community fairs, religious festivals and arts trails. We are responsible for:
- providing the licensing, permit and safety requirements needed for outdoor events in Bristol
- providing advice and guidance for event organisers to promote their events Marketing toolkit (pdf, 56 KB)(opens new window)
- the strategic and creative direction for Bristol Harbour Festival
- production and creative programming of the new mayoral initiative, Make Sundays Special
- supporting the development and delivery of creative initiatives either produced in or visiting the city
- Visit Bristol - tourist information