- Apply links menu
- Adult learning course list
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Carer's assessment
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Emergency payment/household goods
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
There are over 300,000 catalogue records available to browse in our online catalogue.
- Go to our online catalogue to start searching
- Within the catalogue, select the Help link in the menu on the left for helpful tips on searching.
Some of our collections are only searchable via the Access to Archives (A2A) website. We are in the process of transferring these listings to our own catalogue.
The catalogue includes material for all the types of archives we look after, such as:
- Bristol's schools
- council departments
- public bodies
- ecclesiastical bodies.
The online catalogue contains descriptive information about many of the records we hold. Please note that it does not yet contain references to every record: catalogue data is being entered by our staff continuously and we aim to update the catalogue several times a year.
We have an ongoing programme of digitisation. Please note that, except in the cases of some postcards and pictures, the catalogue only has descriptions of the records rather than actual images. To look at the records themselves, you will need to:
- visit our public search room or
- enquire about getting copies by post.
Staff are always pleased to answer any questions you have.
Whatever aspect of Bristol's past or present you interests you, use our online catalogue to find out what relevant records we have.
These guides are an introduction to archival material held at Bristol Record Office: