- Apply links menu
- Adult learning courses and evening classes
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Emergency payment/household goods
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
- Saturday 7 March to Saturday 14 March at the Central Library.
- a wide range of DVDs: £1.50 each or 3 for £3
- rock, pop, jazz and classical CDs: £1 each or 3 for £2
- New items added every day while stock lasts.
For a quick overview of the services and facilities we offer, see Bristol Central Library's Library Finder entry.
Please see the links to the left of this column to connect to the main services within the Central Library. See below for other services:
WiFi - available throughout the building, no cost, no password required.
On the ground floor just inside the West entrance you will find the Library café. The café is open daily:
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: 10am to 5pm
Wednesday and Friday and Saturday: 10am to 4.30pm
Sunday: 1pm to 4.30pm
The café offers discounts to council employees and local businesses. With seating for up to 40 people, it's a great place to relax and meet up with friends, or enjoy a quiet moment over a coffee, lunch or afternoon tea, including:
- Freshly brewed fair trade teas and coffees, cold drinks and freshly squeezed orange juice
- Salad boxes, fresh fruit and breakfast porridge
- Soups and crusty bread
- A wide range of sandwiches on Bordeaux Quay organic bread
- Homemade cakes, pastries and locally produced flapjacks
- Sweet and savoury snacks
The Library café was awarded third place in the Bristol Fairtrade awards in 2012 and holds a five star hygiene rating.
We recommend our lap top users charge their devices in advance so that they can use the wi-fi on both of our public floors. If you do need electrical power, there is one large table in the Learning Centre on the first floor designated for that purpose but it is not bookable and it does get very busy.
The Learning Centre is on the first floor of the Central Library. Here you'll find:
- Computers for public use.
- Current copies of magazines and journals.
- Computer books for loan.
- Business books for loan.
- University and college prospectuses.
Here's a map showing the location of the library, which you can also use to generate directions.
Pay and display parking is available at both the front and side of the building. In both cases disabled badge holders may park free.
Deanery Road at the front of the building is closest to the level ramp entrance, and has three parking bays for disabled badge holders.
There's more pay and display parking on College St, about a hundred metres from the library.
There are nine parking bays in College Square, at the side of the building, via Anchor Rd.
Apart from the parking bays, 'No waiting at any time' applies to all nearby streets.
Bus services are accessible from College Green/Park Street, from Anchor Road, and from The Centre.
Temple Meads railway station is a 15-20 minute walk to the library. Alternatively, buses 55, 8A and 9 stop at College Green, whilst numerous others go to The Centre.
Pages in the section
Library service Central Library, Library Service College Green Bristol, BS1 5TL
- Email: email@example.com
- Work: 0117 903 7200
- Text phone: 0117 357 4444 (TexBox. Choose 'Central Library')
- Fax: 0117 922 1081