- Apply links menu
- Adult learning course list
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Carer's assessment
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Emergency payment/household goods
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
The St Pauls Learning and Family Centre is in the heart of St Pauls.
The Expression of Interest Phase for the Community Asset Transfer of the St Pauls learning and Family Centre will run from 14 April to 9 May 2014.
We are offering the opportunity through Community Asset Transfer for organisations to take on the management of this facility on a lease to deliver community based services and activities.
Organisations will need to demonstrate that the facility will benefit the local community.
A full brief for this facility is available and sets out the minimum expectations that we expect of a future tenant. It also explains the opportunity and the application process in more detail.
- Expression of interest brief (pdf, 337 KB)(opens new window)
- Appendix A: Community Asset Transfer policy (pdf, 0.6 MB)(opens new window)
- Appendix B: example service agreement (pdf, 111 KB)(opens new window)
- Appendix C: suggested topics for Expression of Interest (pdf, 52 KB)(opens new window)
- Appendix D: photographs (pdf, 0.5 MB)(opens new window)
- Appendix E: condition survey (pdf, 62 KB)(opens new window)
- Appendix F: asbestos report (pdf, 3.2 MB)(opens new window)
- Appendix G: ground floor plans (pdf, 129 KB)(opens new window)
- Appendix H: first and second floor plans (pdf, 126 KB)(opens new window)
- Appendix I: location plan (pdf, 141 KB)(opens new window)
- Appendix J: income and expenditure forecast (pdf, 28 KB)(opens new window)
- Appendix K: energy performance certificate (pdf, 81 KB)(opens new window)
- Appendix L: energy recommendations report (pdf, 102 KB)(opens new window)
- Appendix M: initial survey results from public consultation (pdf, 0.8 MB)(opens new window)
- Appendix N: frequently asked questions (pdf, 66 KB)(opens new window)
Expressions of interest must be sent by email to email@example.com no later than 12 noon on 9 May 2014. Please notify us if you are unable to submit your Expression of Interest by email.
Viewing the property before submitting an Expression of Interest
Open day viewings will be held at the Centre on the 16, 23 and 30 April 2014.
Call 0117 914 5470 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a viewing slot.
An information session for organisations contemplating submitting an Expression of Interest will be held at the Centre at 5 pm on Thu 24 April 2014.
Frequently asked questions
These frequently asked questions (FAQs) provide answers to many of the common questions asked about the Learning and Family Centre and its future.
If you have any further questions contact us and we will do our best to answer them.
Public Consultation on the Learning and Family Centre
A public consultation on the St Pauls Learning and Family Centre ran from Thursday 13 to Monday 31 March 2014.
The consultation included a range of events and heard from the local community and users of the centre their current use of the Centre, and their future hopes and views on the proposal for a new organisation to run it.
Between 13 and 31 March 2014 11 resident volunteers and other council officers undertook a door to door survey visiting 2,500 households in the area. This activity supported an online survey that was promoted through e-bulletins, Twitter, Facebook and on various websites.
At the close of the survey 498 responses were received by the closing date of 31 March.
The headline survey results.
Contact Information for the St Pauls Learning and Family Centre Expression of Interest
Kurt James, Project Manager
Phone: 0117 903 6825
- A public library with books, DVDs etc for all ages and tastes.
- WiFi access and PCs available for use in library.
- Two large art studios with facilities and equipment for pottery, stained glass, printing and sewing.
- Darkroom facilities for both colour and black and white photography available for individual bookings.
- Sound-proofed music room with vocal booth and recording facilities.
The centre offers a wide range of courses:
Adult Learning Courses brochure (September 2013 to June 2014) (pdf, 2.5 MB)(opens new window)
includes courses at Stoke Lodge.
Other local agencies also offer services at the centre, such as:
- Book and pay online. If you haven't used the online system before you will need to register first.
- Enrolment form (pdf, 141 KB)(opens new window)
You can book online or use the course enrolment form
A range of rooms are available for hire:
- Small and large meeting/teaching rooms
- Darkroom offering traditional photographic printing
- Accessible teaching kitchen with height-adjustable worktops
- Art rooms
- Music studio
- Creche (for hire only there are no child care facilities at the Centre)
For more information and for conditions of use, see our room booking policy (pdf, 44 KB)(opens new window)
St Pauls Learning and Family Centre 94 Grosvenor Road, St Pauls Bristol, BS2 8XJ Opening Hours
Monday to Thursday 9am-9pm. Friday 9am-5pm. Saturday 10am-5pm. Sunday 10am-3pm. Centre opening times may vary during school holidays. Please contact us for more information.
By bus: Services 5 and 25 run along City Road and Sussex Place, approximately 300m away.
For cyclists: there are bike stands in front of the Centre.
Drivers: On-street parking.
There are two disabled parking bays outside the centre. There is a ramp to the entrance. The main door is to the centre is automatic. Accessible toilets are available on each floor. A lift is available to each floor. Evac chairs are available in case of fire.
The training kitchen is fitted with adjustable height sink and work units plus one low level oven.
The darkroom has an adjustable black and white enlarger, suitable for wheelchair use.
The art room has a pottery wheel designed for wheelchair use.
- Email: email@example.com
- Work: 0117 914 5470
- Fax: 0117 914 5472