- Apply links menu
- Adult learning course list
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Carer's assessment
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
We use the government's Planning Portal website to provide services and guidelines about the planning system. Local circumstances may override their guidelines, so you may need to check with us.
- Planning system information on the Planning Portal - a wide range of services and guidance about the planning system.
- A guide to planning legislation and practice (pdf, 1.2 MB) (opens new window) - how to get involved in planning decisions.
- Is permission needed (Planning Portal)? - Information on whether planning permission is needed for your project.
- Submit a planning application online (Planning Portal)
- Appeals guidance (Planning Portal) - how to make an appeal, search for and comment on appeals.
- Marketing guidelines for a change of use planning application (pdf, 36 KB) (opens new window).
- The Bristol Planning Protocol (pdf, 3.4 MB) (opens new window) - information about working together on major planning applications.
- Policy and research on Planning Portal - access to legislation and planning research documents.
- Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) - for information on the CIL Charging Schedule
- Waste and recycling booklet (pdf, 319 KB) (opens new window) - guidance for developers, owners and occupiers relating to waste and recycling storage facilities.
- Cycle parking provision guidance (pdf, 263 KB) (opens new window) - for developers, such as type of rack to use, spacing requirements and suppliers.
- Guidelines for Pre Application Involvement (pdf, 31 KB) (opens new window) - guidance for developers relating to community involvement.
- Tree Planting Obligations (pdf, 34 KB) (opens new window)- guidance for developers relating to tree planting.
- Protocol for temporary advertising of development sites (pdf, 37 KB) (opens new window) - guidance relating to the application requirements and assessment, of temporary advertisements on development sites.
- Planning agents - accreditation scheme - a new scheme to help speed up the registration and processing of householder applications.
Pages in the section
Development Services Brunel House St George's Road Bristol, BS1 5UY Opening Hours
Visit Brunel House - we operate appointment only visits to this office. Please telephone to make an appointment.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work: 0117 922 3000