- Apply links menu
- Adult learning courses and evening classes
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Emergency payment/household goods
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
The Bristol Local Plan contains a range of policies which are used in making decisions on planning applications.
The Core Strategy (pdf, 5.5 MB)(opens new window)is part of the Local Plan which sets out the overall approach for planning development in Bristol.
Site Allocations and Development Management Policies
The Site Allocations and Development Management Policies Local Plan includes policies about what sites can be built on and which should be protected from development.
- Site Allocations and Development Management Policies Local Plan (pdf, 1.0 MB)(opens new window)
- Annex: Site Allocations Information (pdf, 8.8 MB)(opens new window)
Bristol Central Area Plan
The Bristol Central Area Plan will provide policies for development in central Bristol.
Until the adoption of the Bristol Central Area Plan, the 1997 Plan Saved Policies are also relevant to planning in central Bristol.
Joint Waste Core Strategy
The Joint Waste Core Strategy guides decisions about where major waste facilities should be built.
The Policies Map illustrates Local Plan policies and site propopsals and includes the documents listed below. An interactive online map is being prepared and will be available shortly.
- Site Allocations and Development Management Policies - Policies Map (pdf, 14.0 MB)(opens new window)
- Bristol Central Area Plan - Policies Map (Publication Version) (pdf, 5.8 MB)(opens new window)
- Site maps showing seven locations in Bristol for waste treatment facilities (pdf, 1.8 MB)(opens new window)
Additional documents related to the Bristol Local Plan are also available, including Inspectors' reports and Sustainability Appraisal documents.
The Local Development Scheme explains what planning policy documents make up the Bristol Local Plan. It also includes a timetable for preparing them.
We ask people to comment on and take part in the preparation of planning policies. The Statement of Community Involvement explains how we plan to do this.
Keeping in touch
Let us know your details and we will tell you about:
- consultation events
- issue or adoption of planning documents
- important news about the Bristol Local Plan.
Pages in the section
- Bristol Central Area Plan
- Call for Sites - Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment
- Local Development Scheme
- Local plans
- Planning - Statement of Community Involvement
- Planning Core Strategy
- Planning in Temple Quarter Enterprise Zone
- Site allocations and development management document
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (SFRA)