- Apply links menu
- Adult learning courses and evening classes
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Carer's assessment
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Emergency payment/household goods
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
The Bristol Local Plan is a set of planning documents which contains a range of policies to guide future development decisions. It was previously called the Local Development Framework.
Core Strategy - adopted 2011
The Core Strategy is part of the Local Plan which sets out the overall approach for planning development in Bristol.
Site Allocations and Development Management Policies Local Plan - adopted 2014
The Site Allocations and Development Management Policies Local Plan includes policies about what sites can be built on and which should be protected from development.
1997 Plan Saved Policies - adopted 1997
The 1997 Plan Saved Policies contains certain policies that are saved and still used in deciding planning applications in central Bristol (inside the Bristol Central Area Plan boundary).
Bristol Central Area Plan
The Bristol Central Area Plan will guide development in the city centre.
Joint Waste Core Strategy - adopted 2011
The Joint Waste Core Strategy guides decisions about where major waste facilities should be built.
The Local Development Scheme explains what planning policy documents make up the Bristol Local Plan. It also includes a timetable for preparing them.
We ask people to comment on and take part in the preparation of planning policies. The Statement of Community Involvement explains how we plan to do this.
Keeping in touch
Let us know your details and we will tell you about:
- consultation events
- issue or adoption of planning documents
- important news about the Bristol Local Plan.
Pages in the section
- Bristol Central Area Plan
- Call for Sites schedules and maps
- Local Development Scheme
- Local plans
- Planning - Statement of Community Involvement
- Planning Core Strategy
- Planning in Temple Quarter Enterprise Zone
- Site Allocations and Development Management - preferred approach
- Site Allocations and Development Management Options
- Site allocations and development management document
- Site allocations: responses to preferred approach consultation
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (SFRA)