- Apply links menu
- Adult learning course list
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Carer's assessment
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
The Bristol Local Plan is a set of planning documents which contains a range of policies to guide future development decisions. It was previously called the Local Development Framework.
The Core Strategy is part of the Local Plan which sets out the overall approach for planning development in Bristol.
1997 Adopted Local Plan
The 1997 Adopted Local Plan contains certain policies that are saved and still used in deciding planning applications.
Site Allocations and Development Management
The Site Allocations and Development Management Policies document will include policies about what sites can be built on and which should be protected from development.
Bristol Central Area Plan
The Bristol Central Area Plan will guide development in the city centre.
Joint Waste Core Strategy
The Joint Waste Core Strategy guides decisions about where major waste facilities should be built.
Local Development Scheme
The Local Development Scheme explains what planning policy documents make up the Bristol Local Plan. It also includes a timetable for preparing them.
Statement of Community Involvement
We ask people to comment on and take part in the preparation of planning policies. The Statement of Community Involvement explains how we plan to do this.
Register for updates
Let us know your details and we will tell you about:
- consultation events
- issue or adoption of planning documents
- important news about the Bristol Local Plan.
We normally contact you by email and our website. Please let us know if you need to have information sent by post.
Pages in the section
- Bristol Central Area Plan
- Call for Sites schedules and maps
- Local Development Scheme
- Local plans
- Planning - Statement of Community Involvement
- Planning Core Strategy
- Planning in Temple Quarter Enterprise Zone
- Site Allocations Examination
- Site Allocations and Development Management - preferred approach
- Site Allocations and Development Management Options
- Site allocations and development management document
- Site allocations: responses to preferred approach consultation
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (SFRA)