- Apply links menu
- Adult learning courses and evening classes
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Carer's assessment
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Emergency payment/household goods
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
Know Your Place is a website that allows you to explore your neighbourhood through historic maps, images and linked information. It is about learning about and sharing information about historic Bristol. Know Your Place allows:
- wider access to Bristol's historic maps
- you to share your own information and images about Bristol.
Before entering Know Your Place please read the guidance notes in the related documents section. The document about uploading information provides step by step instructions about submitting information to the site including how to nominate places for the Local List.
This version uses the Silverlight plugin and has extra navigation tools. Please note it will not work on all browsers or devices. The plugin is free. For instructions on how to install it see the guidance document "How do I install Silverlight?".
Subscribe to Know Your Place
You can subscribe to Know Your Place so that your browser receives a notification when we update any information. To subscribe go to the RSS Feed. See the document "How do I subscribe to Know Your Place?" for more guidance about this.
The Know your place website was created by the City Design Group, with funding from English Heritage. This was in partnership with:
- Geographic Information Services (GIS)
- Bristol Museums, Galleries and Archives
- Local volunteers.
Bristol Historic Environment Record Brunel House, 2nd Floor, Bazaar Wing Bristol City Council, PO Box 3176 Bristol, BS3 9FS Opening Hours
9am to 5pm
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work: 0117 922 3033