- Apply links menu
- Adult learning courses and evening classes
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Emergency payment/household goods
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
Major developments include large buildings more than 1,000 square metres, and developments of 10 dwellings or more.
You can search for all major planning applications currently being considered, by using our online search facility Planning Online.
Once you have selected the link:
- See Application Details.
- In the Description Keyword box, type the words Major application
- In the 'Status' box, choose the search criteria 'Pending Consideration' from the drop down menu.
- Select ‘Search’ at the bottom of the page
Details of certain high profile developments are listed under Pages in the section.
Receive updates by email
You must register your details if you wish to:
- Save details of searches.
- Receive email updates as major applications progress, or are made valid.
- Track specific applications.
On April 30, 2012 the Planning Toolkit was published by the four West of England councils and the Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP).
What is the Planning Toolkit?
The toolkit outlines practical steps, which the councils and developers can take to improve the way large scale and complex planning applications are managed.
It is divided into three sections dealing with:
- The main principles of our approach to working with applicants and developers.
- Improvements for handling large scale and complex proposals.
- A practice guide to help the councils and developers work together more consistently.
The toolkit has a similar approach to our existing Bristol Planning Protocol.
The Bristol Planning Protocol was updated in 2011. This was in collaboration with GWE Business West and the Bristol Property Agents Association. The aim was to develop a clear protocol for processing the larger planning applications we receive.
What is the protocol?
The protocol recognises that good-quality planning decision making is a three-way process requiring a partnership between:
- the council
- the local community and
- the development industry.
To achieve sustainable, accessible and viable development, the protocol outlines:
- what each party can expect from the others and
- what those parties can expect back in return.
The Bristol Neighbourhood Planning Network provided help in expressing the importance of community involvement as an integral part of the planning process.
Planning performance agreements (PPAs)
The protocol promotes the use of PPAs particularly for the larger major development schemes.
PPA’s are a project management tool. They set out an agreed way of working between developers, stakeholders, communities, and the council, based on the principles and good practice set out in the protocol.
The protocol outlines our approach, and provides a generic framework for PPAs.
Pages in the section
Development Management Brunel House, 2nd Floor, Bazaar Wing Bristol City Council, PO Box 3176 Bristol, BS3 9FS Opening Hours
Visit Brunel House - we operate appointment only visits to this office. Please telephone to make an appointment.
St George's Road
- Email: email@example.com
- Work: 0117 922 3000