- Apply links menu
- Adult learning courses and evening classes
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Emergency payment/household goods
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
We use the government's Planning Portal website to provide services and guidelines about the planning system. Local circumstances may override their guidelines, so you may need to check with us.
- Planning system information on the Planning Portal - a wide range of services and guidance about the planning system.
- A guide to planning legislation and practice (pdf, 1.2 MB)(opens new window) - how to get involved in planning decisions.
- Is permission needed (Planning Portal)? - Information on whether planning permission is needed for your project.
- Submit a planning application online (Planning Portal)
- Appeals guidance (Planning Portal) - how to make an appeal, search for and comment on appeals.
- Marketing guidelines for a change of use planning application (pdf, 36 KB)(opens new window).
- The Bristol Planning Protocol (pdf, 3.4 MB)(opens new window) - information about working together on major planning applications.
- Policy and research on Planning Portal - access to legislation and planning research documents.
- Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) - for information on the CIL Charging Schedule
- Space Standards practice note (pdf, 125 KB)(opens new window) - guidance for developers relating to residential space standards.
- Waste and recycling booklet (pdf, 319 KB)(opens new window) - guidance for developers, owners and occupiers relating to waste and recycling storage facilities.
- Cycle parking provision guidance (pdf, 263 KB)(opens new window) - for developers, such as type of rack to use, spacing requirements and suppliers.
- Guidelines for Pre Application Involvement (pdf, 30 KB)(opens new window) - guidance for developers relating to community involvement.
- Tree Planting Obligations (pdf, 34 KB)(opens new window)- guidance for developers relating to tree planting.
- Protocol for temporary advertising of development sites (pdf, 37 KB)(opens new window) - guidance relating to the application requirements and assessment, of temporary advertisements on development sites.
- Flood Risk Sequential Test Practice Note (August 2013) (pdf, 1.6 MB)(opens new window)
- Flood Risk Assessment Development Control Standards (pdf, 21 KB)(opens new window) - flow chart providing guidance of information to be submitted.
- Climate change and sustainability practice note
- Climate change and sustainability - frequently asked questions
- Planning agents - accreditation scheme - a new scheme to help speed up the registration and processing of householder applications.
Pages in the section
Development Management Brunel House, 2nd Floor, Bazaar Wing Bristol City Council, PO Box 3176 Bristol, BS3 9FS Opening Hours
Visit Brunel House - we operate appointment only visits to this office. Please telephone to make an appointment.
St George's Road
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work: 0117 922 3000