- Apply links menu
- Adult learning courses and evening classes
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Emergency payment/household goods
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
Planning enforcement is an important part of the planning process in protecting the environment.
We investigate complaints about possible unauthorised works. We can take action to stop or prevent activities which are harmful to neighbours, or do not comply with our planning policy.
Planning enforcement notices may be served:
- when development is carried out without planning permission, or
- is not in line with planning permission.
- Fill in our online enforcement complaint form.
- Write to us at the contact address on the right.
Please tell us as much as possible, for example:
- When activities started.
- The address of the land or building.
- The approximate dimensions of any building works.
- Names, addresses and telephone numbers of any owners, occupiers or builders involved.
- Details of any amenity problems caused, for example noise, traffic smells.
- In the case of possible unauthorised use, the frequency of the activity and the hours of operations.
You can check the progress of an enforcement complaint via our Planning Online Enforcements Search.
Our Planning Enforcement Team publish a quarterly newsletter which:
- explains the key activities of the team over the period,
- details the formal planning enforcement actions undertaken,
- records achievements against performance indicators, and
- includes a section detailing a number of cases of interest.
Please select the date below to view the relevant newsletter:
Pages in the section
Planning Enforcement Brunel House, 2nd floor, Brunel Wing Bristol City Council, PO Box 3176 Bristol, BS3 9FS
- Email: email@example.com
- Work: 0117 922 3000