- Apply links menu
- Adult learning course list
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Carer's assessment
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
To book a bulky waste collection from your home:
- Complete our online form
- Call Customer Services on 0117 922 2100.
We will collect up to three bulky items at a charge of £15. All additional items will be charged at the same rate.
- Up to three items £15.
- Four to six items £30.
- Seven to nine items £45.
If you receive one or more of the following benefits you are entitled to one free bulky waste collection of up to three items every six months:
- Income support.
- Housing benefits.
- Guaranteed pension credits.
- Means tested council tax benefits.
Things to remember
- Items must be clearly visible and accessible from the road.
- Items should be at the front of the property by 7am. Collection will be made between the hours of 7am and 5pm.
- Any glass surfaces need to have an X taped across them and any disassembled items need to have their pieces bundled together.
- Items such as fabric sofas and mattresses should be protected in case of rain.
- We will only collect items that can be safely carried by two people
- Our crews will not carry items up or down steps
Please note that we will only collect the items stated on your booking.
You can pay for your bulky waste collection by:
- Using our online payment form
- Calling Customer Services and paying with either a credit or debit card, or by sending us a cheque.
- Cash or cheque at one of our Customer Service Points.
If you are unable to place your bulky items at the front of your property for collection please contact the Customer Services Centre on 0117 922 2100. We will try to help you as best we can, but due to health and safety issues we are unable to guarantee assistance.
Please note: This service is for household waste only. We do not accept bookings from businesses (including landlords) or organisations.
If you wish to cancel or change your booking, please contact our Customer Services Centre on 0117 922 2100. Please give two working days notice of a cancellation or change.
If your items have not been collected, please call the Customer Services Centre on 0117 922 2100 to report it as missed and we will book you in for the next available collection or arrange for a refund. Please note the following:
- Collection staff work until 5pm so please wait until this time before reporting a missed collection.
- Were the items clearly visible and accessible from the road by 7am on your collection day?
- Did you change any of the items without letting us know? Our staff will only collect items if they have been specified in the booking. If you wish to change any items on your booking, please call 0117 922 2100, giving at least ;two working days notice.
We will collect the following bulky items on this collection service:
- Fridges and freezers
- Washing machines
- Electrical items (including TVs).
We are unable to collect the following items:
- Paint and other liquids.
- Any item over six feet in length.
- Any item that cannot be carried by two people.
- Car parts and tyres.
- Engine oil (place next to your black box in a sealed container).
- Asbestos (can be taken to Household Waste Recycling Centres (tips)).
- Building waste (including rubble and hardcore).
- Business waste (this includes furniture owned by the landlord of a rented property).
- Heavily soiled items.
If you are unsure as to whether we will collect your items please speak to the Customer Services Officer who is booking your collection and they will be able to advise.
We strive to donate working fridges, electric cookers and washing machines for reuse. If you are requesting removal of these items, you will be asked whether they are in working condition.
You may also want to consider contacting the following organisations, who may be able to collect your items:
The SOFA Project
Tel: 0117 954 3567.
See the SOFA Project website for more details.
Will accept re-usable items of furniture and electrical appliances. There will be some items, which for various reasons SOFA cannot collect. These include soft furnishings which do not carry the label ‘carelessness causes fires’, built in appliances, gas appliances and extra large wardrobes or display units.
Tel: 0117 954 0886.
See the Emmaus Bristol website for more details.
Collect in and around the Bristol area. Do not accept washing machines or cookers.
Waste Services - Customer Services Centre Freepost BS4341, PO Box 595 Bristol, BS99 2BR Opening Hours
Monday to Friday, 8.30am until 6pm.
Monday to Friday, 8.30am until 6pm.
Closed 12pm to 1:30pm on Wednesdays for staff training
- Email: email@example.com
- Work: 0117 922 2100