- Apply links menu
- Adult learning course list
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Carer's assessment
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
You are here
To make sure your planning application is displayed clearly and quickly, please follow these standards.
- Keep individual files below 5MB.
- Larger documents can be split into smaller files and labelled Part 1, Part 2.
- The combined size of submitted files must not exceed 30MB.
- Extra material can be submitted on CD/DVD for major applications.
- Always show the scale and print size on drawings and plans, for example 1:100 @ A1, 1:200 @A3 and a north point where necessary.
- All plans and drawings must include a scale bar.
- Drawings containing architectural and decorative features are needed at a scale of 1:20.
Site location plans
- Site location plans must be in colour and at a scale of 1:1250.
- The development site boundary must be marked in red.
- Adjoining land owned by the applicant must be outlined in blue.
- Must be A4 paper size with an arrow marking the north.
Detailed site layout
- Site layouts should be at a scale of 1:100 or 1:200.
Floor plans, elevations and sections
- Plans should be at a scale of 1:50 or 1:100, black and white, A3 or A4 paper size.
- Appropriate measured dimensions should be indicated.
- Existing and proposed drawings should be separate clearly titled files.
- Do not group multiple drawings on A0 paper.
- Photographs/photomontages should always include a title, for example address of the application site.
- Name and number all documents and drawings clearly and uniquely, for example title, drawing number and version.
- Files should be suitably named, for example "Drawing 001 - Existing floor plans".
- Make sure all documents are correctly orientated for on-screen display and all pages in a file have the same orientation.
- If colour is necessary, use the minimum amount possible.
- Do not embed key documents (for example site plans in other documents).
Development Services Brunel House St George's Road Bristol, BS1 5UY Opening Hours
Visit Brunel House - we operate appointment only visits to this office. Please telephone to make an appointment.
- Email: email@example.com
- Work: 0117 922 3000