- Apply links menu
- Adult learning courses and evening classes
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Carer's assessment
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Emergency payment/household goods
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
Please refer to the blue badge information on gov.uk website.
How to apply
- Complete the online form apply for a blue badge on the gov.uk website.
- Or download and complete the Blue Badge Scheme application form (pdf, 2.3 MB)(opens new window).
Use the Blue Badge application form – guidance notes (pdf, 65 KB)(opens new window) when completing the form.
- Or contact us and we can send you the forms.
You can also take your completed form to a Customer Service Point, an adviser will be able to verify some of the documentation required.
Please note that your application could take nine to ten weeks to process.
Blue badge applications are an easy process which can be done yourself, at no cost, without the need to go through any third party agency.
Badges for organisations
If you are an organisation and think you may qualify for an organisational badge, please call us to request a form. Or complete the online form available via the apply for a blue badge on the gov.uk website.
There is a badge issue fee of £10. Payment will only be taken if your application for a Blue Badge is successful.
Track the progress of your online application on the Gov.uk website using your tracking reference number or contact us directly for an update.
Complete the Blue Badge replacement form (pdf, 43 KB)(opens new window) or contact us for a form.
You will receive a renewal notice a few weeks before your blue badge is due to expire. You can then renew online or complete the application form. See 'How to apply' section.
Pay for a Blue Badge online via our pay council bills online service.
You will need your 'Payment Reference Number'. This is the six digit reference number you were given in order to make payment. Please type all letters and numbers in the order provided.
Please write to or email us to let us know any change of address details. You can also change your details online see 'Report a change of details form' gov.uk website
If your blue badge is no longer required please return to us by post or to a Customer Service Point with a covering note to say why it is not required.
With a valid Blue Badge correctly displayed you may:
- Park on a single or double yellow line for up to three hours in England and Wales except where there is a ban on loading or unloading. Other restrictions preventing the badge being valid may also apply; you must always check any signs in the location prior to parking.
- Park free of charge all day in any on-street pay and display bay within the Bristol city boundary.
- Park all day in any on-street limited waiting bay within the Bristol city boundary.
- Park in any on-street disabled parking bay that has the blue badge sign. You will need to check the signs as some are limited to three hours.
Off-street car parks vary and so you will need to check the signs prior to parking.
How can I have an advisory white marking installed?
In certain cases, Blue Badge holders can apply to our Parking Services team for advisory white markings to be installed outside their property, or as near as is feasible. This scheme applies to residential properties only.
Call us for more information or download A Guide to the Disabled Persons Parking Bay and Line Scheme (pdf, 58 KB)(opens new window). This includes an application form.
What to do if an advisory white marking is no longer required?
Call us for advice if advisory white markings on the road are no longer needed. This may be because the Blue Badge holder has moved address or there is a query about the validity of some existing markings.
In the residents' parking scheme areas blue badge holders can park in any shared use bay or pay and display only bay without a time limit.
Existing rights to park on double yellow lines for up to three hours are not affected by the scheme. Blue badge holders receive a booklet about these rights with their badge.
The Blue Badge scheme: rights and responsibilities in England, on Gov.uk website.
Residents that qualify for an advisory disabled bay will have it converted to a statutory disabled bay which we can enforce. Any blue badge holder can park there but it will stop non blue badge holders from doing so.
We could provide additional statutory disabled bays close to shops and other community facilities if requested during the informal consultation.
Parking Services Permits Team PO Box 485 Bristol, BS99 1WD Opening Hours
8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 4.30pm Friday
(Please note the office is closed for staff training Wednesday 12pm to 1.30pm)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work: 0117 922 2600