- Apply links menu
- Adult learning courses and evening classes
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Emergency payment/household goods
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
- Telephone: 0870 707 7776 (24 hours automated).
- By post to Payment Processing (Parking PCN), PO Box 3176, Bristol City Council, Bristol, BS3 9FS
We issue penalty charge notices (parking fines) against illegally parked vehicles where the charge varies, based on how serious the contravention is:
- £50 for less serious contraventions – for example, over-staying in a pay-and-display bay.
- £70 for more serious contraventions – for example, parking on a double yellow line.
Payments received within 14 days of the date of issue are discounted by 50%.
Our Civil Enforcement Officers - previously known as Parking Attendants - have a wide range of parking enforcement responsibilities. They can issue penalty charge notices to drivers who:
- Park on the zigzag lines by pedestrian crossings.
- Have driven away before the penalty charge notice can be served or have been aggressive to the Civil Enforcement Officer. In these cases, the council will be able to issue the penalty charge notice by post – not simply by affixing the it to the vehicle or giving it to the person appearing to be in charge of the vehicle.
- Park across dropped kerbs – obstructing wheelchair users and others in crossing the road.
- Double park.
We also issue penalty charge notices against unauthorised vehicles using the bus lanes. For details see our bus lane enfocement page
If you wish to make an appeal you should put your case in writing. You can do this by one of the following methods:
- Online at Manage Your Penalty Charge Notice (PCN). This service will give you access to the case details. In most cases this will include any photographs we have taken. Please note that photographs associated with bus lane enforcement are not currently available online.
- By e-mail
- By post to Parking Services (PCN Appeals), PO Box 3176, Bristol City Council, Bristol, BS3 9FS.
In all correspondence please quote your Penalty Charge Notice number and/or the vehicle registration number.
What to do if you think your vehicle has been removed
If you think your vehicle has been towed away, you should contact the Police by telephone on 101. They will confirm if your vehicle has been removed. If it hasn't been removed they may suspect that it has been stolen and will assist you further.
What it will cost to get your vehicle back
- Vehicle release fee. £105.
- Penalty Charge Notice. £35 or £25 (depending on the type of contravention).
- Storage fee. £12 per day (beginning at midday on the day after the removal)
The car will not be released until the above charges are paid and two forms of identification are provided. One must confirm your name and current address and the other must prove that you are the keeper/driver of the vehicle.
Vehicles displaying a blue badge
Vehicles displaying a blue badge will not be removed to the vehicle pound. If necessary they will be removed to a nearby legal parking place. No charge for the removal will be made to the driver providing the blue badge is clearly displayed and is valid. However, a Penalty Charge Notice may be issued.
Getting to the vehicle pound
The vehicle pound is located in Whitchurch, Bristol. The full address is:
Western Distribution Centre
For opening hours and any other enquiries relating to the recovery of your vehicle please call our vehicle removal contractor Hinton Rescue on 01225 448025.
Bus: The following bus services serve the vehicle pound:
First bus 50/51. City Centre to Hengrove
First bus 75/76. Cribbs Causeway to Hengrove*
ABUS 515. Stockwood to Hartcliffe
ABUS 991. Brislington to Keynsham
* First bus 75/76 serves the nearby Hengrove Park (City of Bristol College, South Bristol Community Hospital) which is located 0.5 miles from the vehicle pound.
Rail: The nearest rail station is Parson Street which is located approximately 2.5 miles from the vehicle pound. However, First bus 75/76 serves the rail station.
Road: The vehicle pound is located near to both the A4174 (Hengrove Way/Airport Road) and the A37 Wells Road. Enter BS14 0BH into 'SatNav'.
Further travel information including a journey planner can be accessed online at www.travelwest.info