Clean Streets: meet the superheroes
Meet people supporting the Clean Streets campaign and find out how you can get involved.
As part of the Mayor’s Clean Streets campaign, many people in Bristol have taking action to clean up their neighbourhoods.
We want to support these efforts to make Bristol cleaner and so we’ve launched the Clean Streets Superheroes campaign.
All the children featured in the campaign have been involved in litter picks as part of school or youth groups.
Oceann took part in a litter pick on the streets around her school. “We found things like shoes and bottles and different sorts of rubbish. When we were finished we collected 26 bags of rubbish and we all took a photo together at the end. I was really proud to clean up our community.”
Taking inspiration from these youngsters, we’re asking everyone in Bristol to share responsibility for helping keep the city clean.
Whether it’s a cigarette butt, takeaway wrappers or a drinks can, our message is simple: Use the bin or take your litter with you.
If you’ve been inspired by Oceann and her friends, there are lots of ways you can support the campaign:
- help spread the word by sharing our video and getting involved on social media, search for #BristolCleanStreets
- talk to your neighbours and local councillors about what your area looks like
- find out how to organise a litter pick in your neighbourhood
- get involved in a local community group already taking action in your area, contact the Bristol Waste Community Engagement team for details
- take part in a Bristol Harbour clean up
- fancy helping with a clean-up and getting fit at the same time, check out the Good Gym
- let the council know about a street that needs cleaning
- report street issues such as flytipping (illegal dumping of rubbish) to the council
- follow Bristol Waste on Twitter or Bristol Waste on Facebook
- use posters and banners to share the message with your community, download our communications resource pack (pdf, 1.4MB) (opens new window)