Bristol Legal: Employment
The Employment Team has significant experience of advising on all aspects and areas of employment law including:
Employment tribunal claims
Representing the council in the employment tribunal relating to:
- claims of discrimination under the Equality Act
- equal pay
- TUPE transfers
- unfair and wrongful dismissal
- working time regulations
- breach of contract and
This service includes advice and representation in employment tribunal claims including multi party claims. This is a full support and advice service from the beginning to the end of the tribunal process and includes advice on negotiation in settlement or withdrawal of ET claims.
General advice on employment law issues
- Advice on conducting disciplinary, grievance and other internal employment processes and procedures
- Advice and have experience in advising elected members in the internal appeal process
Policies and procedures
Advice on drafting, updating and reviewing policy and procedures to take into account changing legislation and council and service objectives.
Schools and academies
Advising council schools and newly formed academies about employment issues specific to them.
- Advice and assistance on assessing the implications of a transfer of staff to or from the council
- Assisting in drafting contractual provisions related to TUPE
- Considering employee liability information
- Negotiating issues where a TUPE transfer may be disputed