You can apply for business rates retail discount for the 2020/21 period if the property you occupy is wholly or mainly used as a:
- shop: including Post Offices, car showrooms, car hire, opticians, petrol stations
- restaurants or pub: including takeaways, cafes, sandwich shops, coffee shops, bars
- live music venue
- leisure facility: this is the provision of sport and leisure such as sports grounds and clubs, museums and art galleries, nightclubs, sport and leisure facilities, stately homes and historic houses, theatres, tourist attractions and gyms
- public assembly venue: for the assembly of visiting members of the public such as public halls, clubhouses, clubs and institutions
- business accommodation: this is properties where the non-domestic part is being used for the provision of living accommodation as a business such as hotels, guest and boarding houses, holiday homes, caravan parks and sites
|Do you know your business rates account number? You can find this on your bill or reminder.You need to select an option.|
|You need to enter the name of the business.Such as registered company name, sole trader or partners names|
|If different from the ratepayer name, such as a trading name|
|You need to enter a property address.|
Include the postcode.
|What is the type of business?You must tell us what type of business is at the property.|
|Is the property easily accessible to the publicYou must tell us if the property is easily accessible to the public.|
For information on public accessibility see our discount for retail premises page.