City Centre developments
Information on developments in Bristol City Centre and how to take part in our City Centre Framework consultation.
Consultation: draft City Centre Framework
Closing date: 14 May 2018
Visit our online survey site to read the draft City Centre Framework and give us your feedback.
The draft City Centre Framework sets out:
- how to improve getting into and moving around Bristol City Centre
- the potential for developments and enhancing public spaces
The Framework focuses on: Bristol Shopping Quarter, Old City, Castle Park, North Redcliffe and the gateway into the city from the M32.
Presentation and workshops event
Presentation and workshops to discuss and provide feedback on the draft City Centre Framework.
Time and date: 6pm to 7.30pm, 16 April 2018
Location: Conference Hall, City Hall, College Green, Bristol, BS1 5TR
To find out more and book a place visit our Shaping the future of Bristol City Centre eventbrite page.
Pop up exhibitions
Visit our pop up exhibitions that we're holding in Bristol from 27 March 2018 to 3 May 2018.
These are to give information on the Framework.
Exhibition times and locations:
- 5pm to 8pm, 20 April: St Nicholas Night Market, St Nicholas Market, Glass Arcade, Corn Street
- 2pm to 5pm, 23 April: Citizen Service Point, 100 Temple Street, Bristol, BS1 6AG
- 10am to 1pm, 28 April: Junction 3 Library, Baptist Mills Court, Easton
- 3.30pm to 6.30pm, 3 May: Central Library foyer, Deanery Road, Bristol, BS1 5TL
Post us a survey
You can send us your survey in the freepost envelope provided.
Current and planned projects
The transport projects in Bristol City Centre are:
- MetroBus: linking the centre to the North Fringe and South Bristol
- Temple Gate scheme
- cycle routes across the City Centre
When completed these projects will provide more reliable traffic flows and improved public spaces.
Shopping and leisure
There are plans to regenerate part of the Bristol Shopping Quarter known as Callowhill Court.
See Better Broadmead for more information.
There are plans for housing across the City Centre. Examples include:
Examples of major enterprise projects in the City Centre include:
Culture plays a significant role in the City Centre in terms of heritage, events and places to visit.
Examples of investment recently completed, underway or planned include: