M I N U T E S
A G E N D A
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE, SUBSTITUTIONS AND INTRODUCTIONS
2. PUBLIC FORUM
Time Limit for this item - 30 minutes
Any local resident or councillor, may present a petition or submit a statement on the work of the committee, provided that they have given notice in writing or by electronic mail not later than 12.00 noon on the working day before the meeting. In the case of a statement, a copy of the statement should be included.
The notice should be addressed to the Democratic Services Team, Room 220, Council House, Bristol, BS1 5TR, and marked for the attention of Karen Blong.
3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
- to receive any declarations of interest from members.
- to give notice of any matters included on this agenda on which political groups intend to exercise a party whip.
5. CHAIRS BUSINESS
- to receive brief announcements or information updates from the Chair as necessary.
6. MINUTES OF THE MEETINGS HELD ON 28TH JANUARY 2011 AND SPECIAL MEETING ON 16TH FEBRUARY 2011
- to be confirmed as a correct record and signed by the Chair.
7. ACTION SHEET
- to review the action sheet
8. WORK PROGRAMME
- to review the draft work programme
9. WASTE CONTRACT GATEWAY REVIEW
- to note that the gateway review process
10. CORPORATE PERFORMANCE TEAM
- to note the progress being made in response to the recommendations in the Grant Thornton Audit Letter 2009-10
11. INFORMATION SECURITY - PROGRESS REPORT ON E-LEARNING UPTAKE
- to note the information in the report.
12. GRANT THORNTON - 2011/12 ANNUAL FEE LETTER
- to note and comment as appropriate, on Grant Thornton’s Audit Fee Letter for 2011-12.
13. INTERNAL AUDIT - THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THE EXTERNAL AUDITOR
- to note and comment as appropriate, and agree the recommendations with regard to the effectiveness of the External Auditors Grant Thornton.
14. PROGRESS REPORT ON IMPLEMENTATION OF GRANT THORNTON RECOMMENDATIONS
- to note and comment as appropriate, on management's progress with implementation of Grant Thornton's high priority recommendations.
15. AUDIT COMMITTEE TRAINING PROVISION
- note the outcomes of the skills assessment, identify any other needs and agree the provisional training programme.
16. DRAFT AUDIT COMMITTEE ANNUAL REPORT TO COUNCIL
- to comment on the form and content of the draft report.
17. SCHEDULE OF FINANCIAL REPORTING DATES
- to note the schedule of dates for budget monitoring reports in the financial year 2010/11.
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
- The next meeting will be a Joint meeting with the Standards Committee and is scheduled to be held at 10.00 am on Friday, 1st April 2011.