M I N U T E S
A G E N D A
1. ELECTION OF CHAIR
- to elect a Chair for the municipal year 2011/12.
2. ELECTION OF VICE CHAIR
- to elect a Vice-Chair for the municipal year 2011/12.
3. MEMBERSHIP OF THE COMMITTEE
- to note the names of members appointed to serve on the Committee for the 2011/12 municipal year.
4. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE, SUBSTITUTIONS AND INTRODUCTIONS
5. TERMS OF REFERENCE
- to note the attached terms of reference for the Committee which were agreed by the City Council at its meeting on 17th May 2011.
6. DATES AND TIMES OF MEETINGS 2011/2012
- to note the dates meetings for 2011/12 as detailed below, all meetings to commence at 9.30 am –
24th June 2011
8th July 2011
30th September 2011
11th November 2011
20th January 2012
30th March 2012*
20th April 2012
(*Joint meeting with Standards Committee commencing 10am)
7. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
- to receive any declarations of interest from members.
(a) 1ST APRIL 2011 - JOINT MEETING WITH STANDARDS COMMITTEE; AND
(b) 8TH APRIL 2011
- to be confirmed as a correct record and signed by the Chair.
9. PUBLIC FORUM
Time Limit for this item - 30 minutes
Any local resident or councillor, may present a petition or submit a statement on the work of the committee, provided that they have given notice in writing or by electronic mail not later than 12.00 noon on the working day before the meeting. In the case of a statement, a copy of the statement should be included.
The notice should be addressed to the Democratic Services Team, Room 220, Council House, Bristol, BS1 5TR, and marked for the attention of Karen Blong.
10. ACTION SHEET
- to receive the action sheet updated from the previous meeting
11. ANNUAL WORK PROGRAMME
- to agree the work programme for 2010/11.
12. ANNUAL GOVERNANCE STATEMENT
- to approve the Annual Governance Statement
13. STATEMENT OF ACCOUNTS 2010/11
- to consider and comment on the draft Statement of Accounts for the year ended 31 March 2011, as appropriate.
14. FUTURE OF LOCAL PUBLIC AUDIT
- to note, comment and agree a response to the consultation document.
15. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
- Friday, 8th July 2011 at 9.30am.