M I N U T E S
A G E N D A
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE, SUBSTITUTIONS AND INTRODUCTIONS
2. PUBLIC FORUM
Time Limit for this item - 30 minutes
Any local resident or councillor, may present a petition or submit a statement on the work of the committee, provided that they have given notice in writing or by electronic mail not later than 12.00 noon on the working day before the meeting. In the case of a statement, a copy of the statement should be included.
The notice should be addressed to the Democratic Services Team, Room 220, Council House, Bristol, BS1 5TR, and marked for the attention of Karen Blong.
3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
- to receive any declarations of interest from members.
4. MINUTES OF THE AUDIT COMMITTEE MEETINGS HELD ON 24TH JUNE 2011
- to be confirmed as a correct record and signed by the Chair.
- to give notice of any matters included on this agenda on which political groups intend to exercise a party whip.
6. CHAIRS BUSINESS
- to receive brief announcements or information updates from the Chair as necessary.
7. GRANT THORNTON - AUDIT PLAN PROGRESS REPORT
- to note and comment as appropriate, on Grant Thornton’s Progress Report for 2010-11.
8. GRANT THORNTON - INTERIM AUDIT REPORT
- to note and comment as appropriate, on Grant Thornton’s Interim Audit report for 2010-11.
9. BENEFIT FRAUD INVESTIGATION TEAM – ANNUAL REPORT
- to update the Committee on the work carried out by the Benefit Fraud Investigations Team during 2010-2011
10. THE BRIBERY ACT 2010
- to note the report and acknowledge the new legislation together with the City Council's current response to this.
11. INTERNAL AUDIT PLAN 2011/12
- to approve the Annual Audit Plan coverage.
Bristol City Council is committed to openness and will not withholdinformation unless there are good reasons for doing so. Item 19 is not available to the press and the public because it contains information relating to any action taken or to be taken in connection with the prevention, investigation or prosecution of crime and is not for publication by virtue of Part 1 of Schedule 12(a) to the Local Government Act 1972 as amended by the Local Government (Access to Information) (Variation) Order 2006.
12. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
Recommended - that under Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act, the public be excluded from the meeting for the consideration of the following item, on the ground that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act as amended by the Local Government (Access to Information) (Variation) Order 2006.
13. INTERNAL AUDIT - ANNUAL REPORT 2010/11
- to note and comment on the attached Internal Audit Annual Report for 2010/11.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE NON-EXEMPT INFORMATION REPORTS
14. CORPORATE RISK REGISTER
- submission of corporate risk register.
15. HEALTH & SOCIAL CARE RISK REGISTER
- to brief the Audit Committee on the review and update of the Health & Social Care Directorate Risk Register.
16. STANDARDS COMMITTEE ANNUAL REPORT 2010/11 AND WORK PROGRAMME 2011/12
17. BETTER GOVERNANCE FORUM PAPER ON STRATEGIC RISK MANAGEMENT AND GOVERNANCE RISKS
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The next meeting is scheduled to be held at 2.00 pm on Friday, 30th September 2011.