M I N U T E S
A G E N D A
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE, SUBSTITUTIONS AND
2. PUBLIC FORUM
Time Limit for this item - 30 minutes
Any local resident or councillor, may present a petition or submit a statement on the work of the committee, provided that they have given notice in writing or by electronic mail not later than 12.00 noon on the working day before the meeting. In the case of a statement, a copy of the statement should be included.
The notice should be addressed to the Democratic Services Team, Room 220, Council House, Bristol, BS1 5TR, and marked for the attention of Karen Blong.
3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
- to receive any declarations of interest from members.
4. MINUTES OF THE AUDIT COMMITTEE MEETINGS HELD ON 8th JULY 2011
- to be confirmed as a correct record and signed by the Chair.
- to give notice of any matters included on this agenda on which political groups intend to exercise a party whip.
6. CHAIRS BUSINESS
- to receive brief announcements or information updates from the Chair as necessary.
7. ACTION SHEET
- to agree the action sheet updated from the previous meeting
8. WORKING PROGRAMME
- to agree the work programme for 2011/12
9. CORPORATE PERFORMANCE TEAM - UPDATE ON PROGRESS OF VALUE FOR MONEY STRATEGY
- to note the progress being made in the implementation of the council’s new Value for Money (VFM) Strategy
10. REVIEW OF NOMINATED DIRECTORATE RISK REGISTERS – CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE SERVICES (CYPS)
- to review the updated CYPS Directorate Risk Register (DRR) attached at Appendix A, and note amendments to the register
11. REVIEW OF NOMINATED DIRECTORATE RISK REGISTERS – NEIGHBOURHOODS AND CITY DEVELOPMENT
- to review and comment upon the Neighbourhoods and City Development (excluding HRA) Directorate Risk Register (DRR)
12. GRANT THORNTON’S ANNUAL REPORT TO THOSE CHARGED WITH GOVERNANCE 2010-11
- to note and comment as appropriate, on Grant Thornton’s Annual Report
13. STATEMENT OF ACCOUNTS YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2011
- to approve the revised Statement of Accounts for the Year Ended 31 March 2011
14. GRANT THORNTON - CORPORATE PERFORMANCE REPORTING
- to note and comment as appropriate, on Grant Thornton’s review of Corporate performance Reporting
15. GRANT THORNTON: REVIEW OF CHANGE AGENDA
- note and comment as appropriate, on Grant Thornton’s review of Bristol's Change Agenda.
16. LOCAL GOVERNMENT OMBUDSMAN ANNUAL REVIEW LETTER
17. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
- The next meeting is scheduled to be held at 2pm on the 11th November 2011