M I N U T E S
A G E N D A
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE, SUBSTITUTIONS AND INTRODUCTIONS
2. PUBLIC FORUM
Time Limit for this item - 30 minutes
Any local resident or councillor, may present a petition or submit a statement on the work of the committee, provided that they have given notice in writing or by electronic mail not later than 12.00 noon on the working day before the meeting. In the case of a statement, a copy of the statement should be included.
The notice should be addressed to the Democratic Services Team, Room 220, Council House, Bristol, BS1 5TR, and marked for the attention of Karen Blong.
3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
- to receive any declarations of interest from members.
4. MINUTES OF THE AUDIT COMMITTEE MEETINGS HELD ON 30th SEPTEMBER 2011
- to be confirmed as a correct record and signed by the Chair.
- to give notice of any matters included on this agenda on which political groups intend to exercise a party whip.
6. CHAIRS BUSINESS
- to receive brief announcements or information updates from the Chair as necessary.
7. ACTION SHEET
- to agree the action sheet updated from the previous meeting
8. WORKING PROGRAMME
- to agree the work programme for 2011/12
9. REVIEW OF INFORMATION SECURITY RISKS
- to update on the Information Security Risk in the Corporate Risk Register, to update on take up and future plans for Information Security Training Response to the Grant Thornton interim audit report recommendation Update on Penetration testing.
10. LOCAL GOVERNMENT OMBUSMEN COMPLANTS STATISTICS
- to provide details of the Local Government Ombudsman (LGO) complaints procedure and the subsequent complaints
11. GRANT THORNTON: 2010/11 ANNUAL AUDIT LETTER
- to note and comment as appropriate, on Grant Thornton’s Annual Audit Letter for 2010-11.
12. INERNAL AUDIT: RISK MANAGEMENT ANNUAL REPORT 2010/11
- to note the progress and areas for future development regarding risk management arrangements in the City Council
13. INTERNAL AUDIT: BENEFIT FRAUD INVESTIGATION TEAM HALF YEAR PROGRESS REPORT
- to advise the Committee on Benefit Fraud work undertaken during April - September 2011 and update the Committee on further developments
14. INTERNAL AUDIT: PROGRESS REPORT ON IMPLEMENTATION OF GRANT THORNTON HIGH RISK RECOMMENDATIONS
- to note and comment as appropriate, on management's progress with implementation of Grant Thornton's high priority recommendations
Bristol City Council is committed to openness and will not withholdinformation unless there are good reasons for doing so. Item 19 is not available to the press and the public because it contains information relating to any action taken or to be taken in connection with the prevention, investigation or prosecution of crime and is not for publication by virtue of Part 1 of Schedule 12(a) to the Local Government Act 1972 as amended by the Local Government (Access to Information) (Variation) Order 2006.
15. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
Recommended - that under Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act, the public be excluded from the meeting for the consideration of the following item, on the ground that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act as amended by the Local Government (Access to Information) (Variation) Order 2006.
Paragraph 7 - Information relating to any action taken or to be take in connection with the prevention or prosecution of crime ,
16. INTERNAL AUDIT: INTERNAL AUDIT HALF YEAR PROGRESS REPORT
- to note the activities carried out by Internal Audit during the period.
17. CORPORATE SERVICES RISK REGISTER
- To brief the Audit Committee on the review and update of the Directorate Risk Register for Corporate Services (CS).
18. SUMMARY OF GATEWAY REVIEWS
19. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
- The next meeting is scheduled to be held at 2pm on the 20th January 2011.